Home

Raiders Dynasty

This is a discussion on Raiders Dynasty within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-04-2008, 01:11 AM   #17
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: Raiders Dynasty

depending on FA, it looks like youd be better off going QB or WR in the first round.
Old 11-04-2008, 12:20 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 3

You have to prepare for your draft during the regular season. Here are things to do:

1) The top schools will be mentioned by the announcers during the video clips. Be sure to hit those schools during the "pro days" phase.

2) Players will be mentioned as being bad and good in the college season coverage. Keep track of this data.

3) There is a draft preview. The information here is useful, but not invariably correct. It does serve as a good place to scout. In particular, pay attention to the stars. No matter how big your need for a particular position, if there is one or no stars, mining for those positions is unlikely to be useful. Consider free agency. If there are 4 or 5 stars, working that position hard is likely to bear fruit. During the regular season scouting, focus your GM on positions with 4 and 5 stars.

Some tips for the off-season:

1) Scouting players that other teams miss because of non-participation in the combine or pro days can get you a late-round nugget.

2) Comparisons are not destiny, but a clue to be used in combination with other clues.

3) Players with learning under 50 are never worth it, and players lower than 75 are a pain to the extent they are under 75. I would never use an individual workout on an individual whose learning is known to be below 70.
Old 11-04-2008, 12:29 PM   #19
Rookie

The running game is busted unless you sim through. It isn't like even McFadden (which the game is in love with) gets 5 yards a carry in a played (as opposed to simmed) game. I would not blame your first round pick.

I have had luck with getting speed WR in the draft to execute my vertical passing game. QBs are always dicey. Things are ok if you get up to about 84 or so.

Good luck planning for next year!
Old 11-04-2008, 02:51 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 2

As a Chief's fan watching your thread, and shaking my fist, I can only recommend:
Spoiler

Enjoy the thread.

Oh and you're not in character if you're not getting a new coaching staff each year and overpaying for underachieving talent.
Old 11-04-2008, 03:30 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 9

learning wise, i dont think its that important for dlinemen(correct me if im wrong) since unless its a stunt, its impossible to run the wrong play. all they do is run straight ahead.

mendenhall did good, just that his stamina goes down very quickly. julius jones is OK, but i think a 1st/2nd round rb will set me at RB for at least 5 years.

i dont think im gonna draft a QB in the 1st, since first of all, imo its not worth it to have 2 huge salaries in the QB position. and brink played pretty well, the INT wasnt his fault, and he has a high potential.

i also dont plan to use FA that much since they tend to get overpayed. i did get four olinemen but that was to stay competitive, and i made sure that their salaries were higher than the signing bonus, so i wouldnt lose any cap space if i cut them. im probably cutting jordan gross this offseason, unless he plays at a pro bowl level, so wilkes can start at RT. and sullivan and mcglynn, if they develop enough, might start next year.

and at WR, douglas is good for a 3rd round rookie, and in the 08 draft, there are a lot of rookie WRs starting when i looked through the depth chart, with most of them mid round picks. so i might go WR in rounds 3-5.

i think the chiefs game is winnable, since i did play the broncos, who were a good team, close for the most part. calais campbell dominated ryan clady, and my dline did good overall. the chiefs line sucks(they drafted matt ryan and gosder cherilus, both who are on the bench). looking thru the draft, their first 5 picks arent even starting(ryan, cherilus, tyrell johnson, james jones, kendall langford). most teams have at least 2 or 3 rookies starting.

also, looking through the rookies, #2 pick vernon gholston is the 3rd string OLB in st.louis. im guessing hes a major bust in this game? and andre woodson, a 7th rounder, is starting in chicago after trent dilfer got injured...

i might post the 1st round of the draft here just for fun, to see a few years down the line who hit and who missed
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2008, 12:07 PM   #22
Rookie

Level of learning gives players either a penalty to abilities, no change, or a bonus to abilities. Also, your players will lose their play knowledge at their restricted free agent year, even if they do not leave. Also, if a player goes out to FA, he will lose his play ability. It could be that a player has to learn the plays thee times, rooking, RFA, FA.

The fatigue issue can be dealt with via your trainer. There is a special skill that reduces fatigue for about 5000. Best investment ever.
Old 11-07-2008, 07:54 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 9

(0-2) Raiders at (1-1) Chiefs
Raiders 13-Chiefs 15

Since Prater was out, I signed rookie alexis serna to be my kicker. big mistake. he missed two 20-30 yard FGs, and i should have won, just his misses held me back. For the most part, I contained Larry Johnson, but Damon Huard was killing DeAngelo Hall, with Jerry Porter having 150 of Huard's 215 yards. My running game was amazing, and JaMarcus played slightly below average. After the game i cut serna and signed 48 year old martin gramatica. my approval jumped up to 74 after the game.

-tommy blake missed a sack by a split second, and the miss led to a gonzalez TD catch

-i had a clutch sack on 3rd down when they were in FG range by dumervil while they were driving in the 2min warning in the 2nd quarter. the sack took them out of FG range, and after the punt, i drove down for a TD to give me a 7-3 halftime lead.

-my run D is either a hit or miss type thing. both games, the opponent either busts out a 10 yard rush or gets stuffed for -2. mine, on the other hand, is more consistent. i have one rush of over 20 yards this season, and they keep on churning 5-8 yards every rush

-looking ahead to next year, I would say QB is my main need, but i already have a huge salary in russel, and brink has a high potential, so i might start him later in the year to see how he does. also a young WR, since Douglas is good, but givens and curry are satisfactory. Also a young, cheap CB to complement fabian washington. Other than that i really think the team is set for the most part, since we've played it close in every game.

I IR'ed john sullivan(out 4 months in preseason) and signed DT rodney leslie since i needed 4 DTs after walker was out for a few weeks

QB
Jamarcus Russel-9/18 for 131 yards, TD and INT

RB
Rashard Mendenhall-10 carries for 56 yards
Julius Jones- 8 carries for 37 yards
Mike Bush- 8 carries for 65 yards, TD

WR/TE
Harry Douglas-3 receptions for 66 yards
Zach Miller- 2 catches for 20 yards, TD

Defense
LB Kirk Morrison-9 tackles
LB Thomas Howard-8 tackles, 3 TFL
FS Horton-3 tackles, INT
DE Blake, DE Dumervil, DE campbell, DT Leslie-1 sack each

Chiefs
Damon Huard-18-25 215 yards TD/INT
Larry Johnson-19 carries for 65 yards
Kolby Smith-5 carries for 17 yards
Darren Howard-6 tackles, 1 sack, TFL
Jarrad Page- 8 tackles, INT

i scouted mid round DTs again, and i have them at 100%. theres this one DT from central michigan(PLEASE NO SPOILERS) who has a 90 right now, who im interested in.

gameday against bills coming up. either playing it tonight or tommorow night
Old 11-08-2008, 01:12 AM   #24
Pro

OVR: 8

JustWinBaby i love readin about your dynasty. you are the reason i went out and bought the first nfl head coach for ps2. if i had a 360 or ps3 i would def buy this year's version.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »