Home

Officially Abandoned?

This is a discussion on Officially Abandoned? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-17-2008, 01:49 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Officially Abandoned?

I actually like the game and haven't encountered any issues or freezes. Also I don't consider the game "half-finished" and its the only game I've playing for the past few months.

I agree with other posters, its a great game with some minor issues, but name a game that doesn't have some sort of minor issues.
Old 11-17-2008, 03:28 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 4

Truth is, most people that wanted NFL Head Coach bought is as part the Madden Collector edition. I know I did. I hope that EA takes that into account when they decide to make another Head Coach.
Old 11-17-2008, 05:05 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippity
Truth is, most people that wanted NFL Head Coach bought is as part the Madden Collector edition. I know I did. I hope that EA takes that into account when they decide to make another Head Coach.
Agreed. I imagine EA is aware of this. Anyone that really wanted HC wasn't going to wait 3 weeks to get it solo. It really has the potential to be a standalone title. I think they can even get into more depth without sacrificing ease of use and navigation that is clearly desired on the consoles.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2008, 10:18 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by x1Blumpkin1x
Agreed. I imagine EA is aware of this. Anyone that really wanted HC wasn't going to wait 3 weeks to get it solo. It really has the potential to be a standalone title. I think they can even get into more depth without sacrificing ease of use and navigation that is clearly desired on the consoles.
I went to my Walmart at midnight to buy the Madden CE only for Head Coach. Also I need to note I have not seen HC by itself at my local Walmart or Target and the CE was sold out week 1 so IMO it's hard to sell a games when you can't find them.
Old 11-17-2008, 10:58 PM   #13
Rookie

Kingfish's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauler97
I went to my Walmart at midnight to buy the Madden CE only for Head Coach. Also I need to note I have not seen HC by itself at my local Walmart or Target and the CE was sold out week 1 so IMO it's hard to sell a games when you can't find them.
/agreed

I just sold my CE on ebay for $60 so I will be ordering 2 copies of HC from newegg this week; NFL Head Coach '09 Its only $27.99 and free shipping to boot!!! So, I support the game AND I have an extra Christmas gift all for the price of one
Old 11-28-2008, 01:44 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by swatter555
I am not saying the developers themselves are at fault, but EA Sports. The fact is that EAS is abandoning the game in a relatively unfinished state. That could be considered unethical in the software world.

I am glad to see that EAS actually did something in a more realistic fashion with the Madden engine, but it doesn't make much sense to leave it unfinished, leaving alot of people feeling cheated to an extent.
Unethical? How?

EA(S) developed a product and put it on the market. If it doesn't sell, or doesn't generate buzz, or whatever and they determine they can't make money off it (or really of it plus the residual effects from getting people interested in the EA brand) they're not under any moral obligation to keep putting it out at a loss just because there are some people out there who like it.

Now if they did know it was going to lose money and continued to invest resources in it, produce it, take losses on it, etc and in the process hurt the people who have invested in the company, that would be unethical (not to mention illegal, as EA is a publicly traded company).

http://www.capsblueline.com
Old 11-28-2008, 02:10 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 16

IMO, the issue nowadays with game companies, is that it is all about money. As long as they make their mighty dollar, they could care less about the consumer. There have been more error infested games released now, then I remember as a kid. Back then, they would patch the game right away...they would communicate with the consumer about the issues and address them. Are they obligated? No. But they should take responsibility for the product they release. It's called proper business etiquette.
If you buy an appliance, and it doesn't work, you can return it for a working one, or the company will repair it. Video game companies don't live by that code anymore. I understand there is a "pirating issue". Fine. Then let us send back the game, they fix the errors, burn another disc, send it back. Some might say "That will cost them a lot of money..." So what. Then they should have caught the issues before release. And some are so blatant it's not even funny. Huge example: NHL 2k9. Poor gameplay, players freeizing, box score not working, hurried out the door, tons of errors, and 2k's reps / PR are nowhere to be found. That wrestlemania game for the 360 was very bad (ropes would stick to the wrestler, etc). PS2 version of NHL2k9 says in the manual there is fighting in the game...guess what, there isn't. FIFA 09 with the "crab walking"...list goes on...
Unfortunately, we keep buying the game year after year and they know it. Next year, they'll release the same version with a FEW bug fixes and they'll take out MORE features, so we'll buy the next version again and again thinking we are getting a new game, but it's just a game with the patches that should have been done already.
Heck, look at Microsoft and the 360. It's said they KNEW about the RROD, but still released the console to compete with the other consoles out there. They tried to hide it. It's about money, not quality anymore.

And I apologize for the rambling.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2008, 05:14 AM   #16
Banned

FootballDetails's Arena

OVR: 30

If a Madden CE is released next year, I'll buy it.

That said, I think HC 2010 should be released separately in June. It's at a time when football fever is really starting to build. It would be great to have HC, NCAA, and Madden get released in successive months.

I hope we hear some official news before the end of the year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »