Home

Season Stats

This is a discussion on Season Stats within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-19-2008, 08:37 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Season Stats

As a bit of a statistics nut I started taking a look at individual statistics at the end of my first season as Falcons coach.

My own team stats seemed fairly reasonable (a small bug seemed to have distorted the Games Started / Games Played; whoever started in weeks 1 and 2 did not have starts allocated to them - a minor point).

The individual statistics also seemed reasonable enough; Tom Brady topped the passing charts with 4,754 passing yards and Peyton Manning through for most TD's (44);

Rushing wise Miami's Ronnie Brown topped the charts with 1682 yards, beating off challenges from Marshawn Lynch and Marion Barber who had signed for the Broncos in free agency. Brian Westbrook had a mammoth 22 rushing TD's as an aside.

Receiving wise, TO topped the list in both yards and receptions (109 for 1484yds) although Reggie Wayne pulled in 19 TD receptions.

On the defensive side of the ball, the sack leaders were the Saints Charles Grant and the Chargers Shawne Merriman (18 each) with my own Falcs man Jamaal Anderson snaring 15 for the year and going to the Pro Bowl. Interception-wise the Bucs Derrick Brooks pulled in 11 from the linebacker position but I'll let that one slip, and Sam Madison was next best with 9 picks.

Then when I got onto the Team Stats, offensively again things appeared normal overall. Then I got onto the defensive team stats:

The best, yes BEST, pass defense - which incidentally was the Chiefs and made me sit up and take notice intially - conceded 5,114 yards through the air. With my poor math, thats over 319 yards per game (I emphasise the best pass defense). The Cowboys, who made the playoffs, finished with the worst pass defense in the NFL, conceding 8,110 yards through the air (or over 500 yards per game for those who cant divide by 16).

I calculated from my end of season individual stats that the Falcons were conceding a respectable 180 yards per game via the pass. The team stats told me.... 399 yards..... ouch!

OK its all a bit of a minor point, I love the game, but spotted this rather bizarre bit of data and thought it is worthwhile mentioning even if we have used our allotted begs for another update.

Oh yeah, finished 7-9 for the year, but this was with no QB at the helm (like most Atlanta seasons pre-Matt Ryan.... apologies to Steve Bartkowski, Chris Miller, Chris Chandler and well I hesitate on #7 because of the mess he left us in...)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2008, 01:24 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: Season Stats

i think the defensive team stats are double the actual values. dont know why, but i dont think it affects anything else
Old 11-22-2008, 12:51 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 26
Re: Season Stats

I was testing out what defense i wanted to run and seeing how the panthers ran in different sets and i remember one season over the rest.

My team was 1st in pass defense with 4215 yards total....amazing because we were 3-13 >_< the real kicker is we were 32nd in rush defense giving up a total of 4473 yards. kinda sucks when you think about how well the panthers are doing this year to see them almost always end with such a bad record.

Check out safety and CB stats(tackles) i see CBs who will get into the 100s often and rarely see a safety get into the 80s

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »