Home

EA Needs to step up and take care of us!

This is a discussion on EA Needs to step up and take care of us! within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-30-2008, 05:07 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Lightbulb EA Needs to step up and take care of us!

EA has really left a bad taste in my mouth with this game with the lack of support and updates (game and roster). I feel as if the only patch addressed some issues but the game is still not complete. I would say in it's current state, the game is at best 85% finished.

Here are the issues that i feel EA should fix so that they don't alienate those of us who have stood by them:

1) The Blocking Logic: This really needs to be tweaked (turn it up for run blocking/tune it down for pass blocking) I Hate the fact that my defensive linemen get knocked to the ground 75% of the time during a pass rush.... on what world is that even realistic?? And don't get me started on run blocking.... i have seen more offensive linemen missing assignments on plays that are Mastered than I want to admit. The CPU AI for the linebackers is completely off the chart and cause all kinds of problems.

2) Audibles : I have seen the CPU AI call em in almost every game I have played but not once have I ever seen my QB, regardless of how high is Intangables Rating is, call one on any play. If that is going to be the case, then the dev. staff should put in someway to call a coaches audible on a play, but make it linked to your strategy skill so u only get from 1 to 5 of them a game... that way the skills reflect the impact on the game.

3) Coach Hiring : This is by far the worst aspect of the game. We have no way of seeing who we are hiring, if they are a pro coach or an up and coming college coach nor does the "switch pl;aybook" feature work. We shold be able to view the coaches full abilities. I mean, U might get stuck for a full season with an OC who has Playcalling of 5 and Performance of 1, which if u do the play calling yourself, doesn't help your team at all, especially considering no one can get fired mid season, which is really not that realistic (i.e. Lane Kiffin)

4) Play Creator : We should be able to create run plays the same way we do pass plays. I am sooo tired of the HB/QB being stuck there and I can't make changed without going in and subbing players. And we should be able to modify routes on pass plays. Why can't we send our right side TE on a slant route towards the right sideline??? But as it is, he is stuck only running inside slants.

IF, and that is a big IF, EA decides to step up and take care of us faithful players, then I will surely buy more EA Sports products in the future. If no, I feel as if I will come to the end of my rope with EA Sports as they are more interested in quanity instead of quality with all of their sports games. So Devs, if u are reading this, get this game right.... hell, I'll even take 90 to 95% done if you at least work out some of the AI tweaks mentioned above.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2008, 11:20 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: EA Needs to step up and take care of us!

I don't get "Devs, if u are reading this, get this game right". Read up on the topic! The developers have supported this game far beyond the normal expectation. Throwing out a threatening ultimatum is not going to do anyone any good. It just creates negativity around the game which leaves a bad taste in EAs mouth as well.

The game is not incomplete or unplayable. It has some bugs that should have been fixed and there are some features which should have been added. Both of these you can work around.

How many roster updates do you want? One per week? This game is a long term team management sim. I don't see any problem with them putting out less roster updates. I do like your idea on audibles, hopefully if there was anyone at EA reading they didn't miss it because you surrounded it with a full scale rant.
Old 12-01-2008, 12:13 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

While I understand the intentions of OPs post, I do not agree with its direction.

The developers have been fantastic. This isn't the titanic megaship that is Madden, this is a game that has FAR fewer developers and programmers. They have done a sensational job of providing a fantastic game that I have found truly addicting and fun.

Of course it has issues. So does Madden for crying out loud! Look at the amount of money and development support that goes into that game, and it still has problems. No game is perfect. But when you consider the obvious effort the devs went into to support and develop Head Coach, they have done an INCREDIBLE job.

I do not like posts that imply that this game has not been supported. The devs did the best they could, and I for one greatly appreciate the hard work and effort put into this game by everyone involved.

I hope Head Coach 2010 gets the green light, because if it doesnt, I wont even bother playing a football game next year. I am done with Madden after playing a gem like this.
Old 12-01-2008, 01:10 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Every game has there issues. Regardless, I'm still playing this game while Madden is collecting dust and has been since Aug.
Old 12-01-2008, 01:47 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

I can see that people are taking my post in the incorrect manner so let me clarify.

In the beginning, Yes, Josh and the staff did a relatively good job supporting the game but for well over a month now, if not longer, it has felt like it has been abandoned and we are left here holding a game which, in all truth, still has bugs.

Now, No one can deny that the boards have been quite silent with hardly a peep from the Devs and that bothers me. I am not suggesting that they re-write the code for just a few bugs but they could at least give us a small patch that could tweak the AI a bit and make us feel like we are important as customers.

I am not asking for them to build Rome in a day for us, I am merely asking that they at least build us a shanty so that we don't continue to get rained on by the faulty AI.

The audibles should be an easy enough fix too and We have all seen complaints about the Coach Hiring screens so none of this should come as a surprise that I am posting this topic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2008, 03:00 PM   #6
NFL Head Coach '09 Lead Designer

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelraccoon
I can see that people are taking my post in the incorrect manner so let me clarify.

In the beginning, Yes, Josh and the staff did a relatively good job supporting the game but for well over a month now, if not longer, it has felt like it has been abandoned and we are left here holding a game which, in all truth, still has bugs.

Now, No one can deny that the boards have been quite silent with hardly a peep from the Devs and that bothers me. I am not suggesting that they re-write the code for just a few bugs but they could at least give us a small patch that could tweak the AI a bit and make us feel like we are important as customers.

I am not asking for them to build Rome in a day for us, I am merely asking that they at least build us a shanty so that we don't continue to get rained on by the faulty AI.

The audibles should be an easy enough fix too and We have all seen complaints about the Coach Hiring screens so none of this should come as a surprise that I am posting this topic.
Tweaking the AI is not a small patch. It would require months of work, from the work to the testing to the approvals. Especially blocking. The amount of work that went into that took all year.

I hope you don't feel like we're abandoning you. We're still around, but we're all pretty slammed working on other things right now.
Old 12-02-2008, 02:08 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh_Looman
Tweaking the AI is not a small patch. It would require months of work, from the work to the testing to the approvals. Especially blocking. The amount of work that went into that took all year.

I hope you don't feel like we're abandoning you. We're still around, but we're all pretty slammed working on other things right now.
Thanks for taking the time to reply, Josh. Hope things are going well for you guys, and that youre keeping busy. We are still fully enjoying your game!
Old 12-02-2008, 02:58 AM   #8
Rookie

Americas Team1's Arena

OVR: 10

The biggest thing for me if they made Head Coach 2010 would be to have more then just 15 seasons.Other then that the game is great.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »