Home

Old 12-01-2008, 03:42 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Too Easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNFL_FanIQ
Not necessarily. I believe it's been said that there is four distinct draft paths, if you get a different one you get completely different players.
Thanks, I didn't realize that. I am put off by the whole idea of having a linear story line in a sports sim, but its nice to see they accounted for having different paths to go.
Old 12-01-2008, 11:28 PM   #10
Rookie

Honestly, I've played starting with the Dolphins for 3 seasons, started over with the Texans for 3 seasons and am now just a couple of games into a new career with the Cowboys and I don't expect it to be any easier with the Cowboys than the other teams.

I was 13-3 with the Dolphins the first year and 12-4 with the Texans the first year. It's not that difficult to make some moves and build a good enough team quickly -- and you don't need to be all that great to beat up on the computer.
Old 12-05-2008, 02:20 PM   #11
Pro

kwpit79's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by havlen
Honestly, I've played starting with the Dolphins for 3 seasons, started over with the Texans for 3 seasons and am now just a couple of games into a new career with the Cowboys and I don't expect it to be any easier with the Cowboys than the other teams.

I was 13-3 with the Dolphins the first year and 12-4 with the Texans the first year. It's not that difficult to make some moves and build a good enough team quickly -- and you don't need to be all that great to beat up on the computer.
You definitely can teach me some things! With good teams I have good records, but with the Dolphins (halfway through my first season), my record is 2-7. Now this is after trading J. Porter and J. Taylor and not having C. Pennington, but still. A lot of times I get blown out (almost always due to an overwhelming amount of turnovers!).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2008, 01:28 AM   #12
Pro

Step2001's Arena

OVR: 9

I'm undefeated with my Cowboys going into the last game of the season.
I have had a couple of close games.

Beating the Giants in the first meeting of the season by one point on a last second TD on 4th down.

The Steelers were up 21-7 at halftime. I came back to win 31-21!

I know if I had injuries to key personnel. I would be in a heap of trouble.
That's not to say I have not had my share. 3-4 guys on I.R. and other guys missing time here and there.
------------------

When taking a team follow some of the house rules others have made when it comes to trading and signing free agents.

The salary cap will tighten. You can't sign everyone.
Old 12-06-2008, 08:30 AM   #13
Pro

Step2001's Arena

OVR: 9

I finished the season 16-0! Beat the Eagles 16-7 to close the Reg. Season out.
--------------

Divisional Game against the Eagles again!!!!

I'm ahead 27-21! Eagles QB Kevin Kolb hits Reggie Brown in the endzone on 3rd down with .06 seconds to go.
Kick is good!!! Eagles up 28-27!

I'm just sitting there with a blank look on my face!
-------------
.06 seonds on the clock!

They kickoff! I have Felix Jones and Miles Austin back to receive.

The Kick is going to Jones. (I say to myself, the guy I want to have the ball in his hands is going to have a chance, that's all I can ask)

Jones comes up the field makes a couple of moves. Splits two defenders and he's off to the races.

TOUCHDOWN COWBOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had to kick the EP to end the game! But what a game!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-06-2008, 10:38 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 4

I don't know about the game being too easy but it sure ain't boring!

Season 3, Game 2 of my Dolphins Career is against the Pats... in NE.... in the rain. Sigh

It's one of those shoot out kinds games... I am down 56 to 28 at the end of the 3rd. (My QB had 3 Pick Six)

I manage to tie the game up with 3 seconds on the clock in the 4th.

I win the coin toss for OT.... and in 2:34 in the OT there is 4 turnovers (3 Fum/1 INT) and I win in OT by a field goal. LOL

Easy... no way... fun... yes... stressful, Oh god yes!
Old 12-06-2008, 01:11 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Step2001
I finished the season 16-0! Beat the Eagles 16-7 to close the Reg. Season out.
--------------

Divisional Game against the Eagles again!!!!

I'm ahead 27-21! Eagles QB Kevin Kolb hits Reggie Brown in the endzone on 3rd down with .06 seconds to go.
Kick is good!!! Eagles up 28-27!

I'm just sitting there with a blank look on my face!
-------------
.06 seonds on the clock!

They kickoff! I have Felix Jones and Miles Austin back to receive.

The Kick is going to Jones. (I say to myself, the guy I want to have the ball in his hands is going to have a chance, that's all I can ask)

Jones comes up the field makes a couple of moves. Splits two defenders and he's off to the races.

TOUCHDOWN COWBOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had to kick the EP to end the game! But what a game!!!!!!!!!!
This is exactly what I am talking about. I'm not trying to offend you, but you know you should have lost that game. However, because the game is too easy, you get an arcade-style ending. I've been "rewarded" with that a few times as well.

Still haven't lost... I have won 43 "counted" games (plus all 12 preseason games). No T.O. since the first season, either. The only challenge I have now is trying to establish some sort of run game (for my own preference), and trying to lead the league in total defense. I guess there are some roster challenges as well; I really want my rookies to develop into superstars. Eventually, I'll choose another team. But, I'm a die hard Cowboys fan... the thought of trying to win with another team is just unsettling
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2008, 01:30 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by luqman
This is exactly what I am talking about. I'm not trying to offend you, but you know you should have lost that game. However, because the game is too easy, you get an arcade-style ending. I've been "rewarded" with that a few times as well.

Still haven't lost... I have won 43 "counted" games (plus all 12 preseason games). No T.O. since the first season, either. The only challenge I have now is trying to establish some sort of run game (for my own preference), and trying to lead the league in total defense. I guess there are some roster challenges as well; I really want my rookies to develop into superstars. Eventually, I'll choose another team. But, I'm a die hard Cowboys fan... the thought of trying to win with another team is just unsettling
I am not trying to be an *** or offend you but u took the Dallas Cowboys and are complaining that the game is too EASY?!?!? Correct me if I am wrong but did it not tell u that you would have an easy time of it when u chose the team?

Seems to me like u are complaining about the game being to easy and it was your choice on how easy it was going to be. 43 straight wins ... yeah.. that's cool and all but don't come on the boards and be all pissy about the game if U aren't willing to take a team that has issues (Talent, staff, cap room).

Go 43 and 0 with Miami or Kansas City or Detroit and then I will agree with you, but until then, u are in essence playing Madden on Rookie, no real challenge at all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »