Home

My slight rant/complaint about this game.

This is a discussion on My slight rant/complaint about this game. within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-01-2008, 06:26 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
My slight rant/complaint about this game.

First off i feel the game is great in plenty of aspects. The simulator is great and i've finally found the right sliders to get the realistic stats on the game. I even found my way to have a dual back system and even three backs. I just got the game about one week ago and it already surpassed my expectations. For 29.98 i didn't think i would honestly get the game i received. I thank the developers for making this great game and honestly, i feel it has the potential to surpass in so many features if people just give it a shot.

So with all this stuff being said/typed whatever, i feel certain things just need be addressed to make this game less imperfect.
IMPORTANT RANTS
1. As much as i hate doing this but, it's EA Sports, it's football, people are going to compare it to Madden, that's just something i'm sure even these guys have realized. Like Madden, i wish this game would allow you to substitute packages. For example, teams that sometimes use 4-3 and 3-4, mainly the Ravens and Cover 2 teams. They have certain linebackers in a 3-point stance in certain packages and then have them on the line in other packages. Yet in this game, where we should have full control, we can't do something as little as that. Sure it may alter there play knowledge to an extent or what not, but at least give us the option to place them there allowing our schemes to work and with due time, increase there play knowledge.

2. Fix the trading system somewhat. Whenever i place someone on the block , i can't even get a even swap out. If i place someone like Laron Landry on the trade block, rated 93 and the 49ers safety is rated 75, why can't i make a player for player swap in someone in the range of 88-93. I always have to have there 73-83 rated players on the trade block. Which is really unfair in terms of trading because if a put quality players on the trade block, i still don't have enough "players' on the trade block ( so says the game ) to even attempt to trade for someone like say, Lee Evans or what not.

3. Generating more suitable stats for teams. I'm constantly seeing Alex Smith generating such great pass yards and touchdowns just because he has Mike Martz for a coordinator. Not to take any away from Smith, but just because you have a great coordinator doesn't mean you'll lead the league in every statistical category. Also with Frank Gore at RB, your highest rated player, why wouldn't you balanced things out to increase your chances at winning. Maybe later developing into a potent passer about 2-3 years later isn't a bad idea, but he didn't even have the skills to succeed why have a coordinator influence such results? Just unrealistic if you ask me, so maybe fixing it or toning it down wouldn't create destruction.

4. Fixing position changing. It isn't fair i can't change my WR Devin Hester back to CB or change NFL prospect Bellow from QB to RB with his trucking rating so high. I should be able to change anyone from any position i want to. I also shouldn't be able to edit the computers roster. I can change opposing teams players to other position while having on control of them? It just doesn't seem right. So hopefully this will be fixed and it won't create a trading problem or advantage for user teams seeing as though if a change FB's to LB's i highly doubt there rating would raise, but i should at least have the option.

Small rants
1. I wish i could change my persons number to whatever i want it to be. I see rookies getting signed and getting numbers 4 and 9, while playing CB, yet i can't even give my DT a number from 90-99?
2. Allow a audible sheet of 4 plays per week.
3. Fixing play creator so i that can drag plays from any playbook and have wide variety of plays in one book.

So i'm done with my little topic and hopefully the designer Josh will read this and hopefully reply to my little bickering.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »