Home

To the new guys who've recently bought this game...

This is a discussion on To the new guys who've recently bought this game... within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-04-2008, 05:31 PM   #9
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: To the new guys who've recently bought this game...

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp
If you are playing HC on the 360 download it to your harddrive, the new NXE allows you to do this. The game loads what it needs much faster.
Yes! Absolutely do this...it makes a VERY significant difference in the performance of the game, in particular during gameday and gameday events.
Old 12-04-2008, 06:06 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 7

Okay, I have a stupid question: how do I get my OC to stop calling timeouts for me?

http://www.capsblueline.com
Old 12-04-2008, 07:08 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 4

It's probably delegated to the coach to do it......go to pause menu and coach's clipboard and go under Gameday....it's should be on the last line in there.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2008, 09:30 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp
If you are playing HC on the 360 download it to your harddrive, the new NXE allows you to do this. The game loads what it needs much faster.
Wow. How?

Thanks.
Old 12-05-2008, 09:28 AM   #13
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by teshia1
It's probably delegated to the coach to do it......go to pause menu and coach's clipboard and go under Gameday....it's should be on the last line in there.....
See, that's what I thought but the delegate box wasn't checked on it. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tienigami
Wow. How?

Thanks.
Go to the xbox dashboard > My xbox > games library > NFL Head Coach 09 > download to hard drive. It's about 5.7 GB, I think.

I had another question to throw out to crowd: how can I keep my team from becoming a veritable MASH unit? Some of the guys are injury prone I guess (Lecharles Bentley, Shaun Rogers was never healthy) but I have like 8 guys on IR in week 12. Does my trainer suck, and I having bad luck, or am I doing something wrong? Or all of the above?

Last edited by DGetz; 12-05-2008 at 09:31 AM.
Old 12-05-2008, 12:37 PM   #14
Pro

kwpit79's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGetz
See, that's what I thought but the delegate box wasn't checked on it. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding something?

Go to the xbox dashboard > My xbox > games library > NFL Head Coach 09 > download to hard drive. It's about 5.7 GB, I think.

I had another question to throw out to crowd: how can I keep my team from becoming a veritable MASH unit? Some of the guys are injury prone I guess (Lecharles Bentley, Shaun Rogers was never healthy) but I have like 8 guys on IR in week 12. Does my trainer suck, and I having bad luck, or am I doing something wrong? Or all of the above?
It's probably your trainer. I started out with a horrible trainer and half my team seemed injured. And then I hired a 90+ trainer, and two guys a week get injured now, and it's usually not for more than a week or two when it happens.

So basically, you're stuck in the mud until you can replace your trainer. What you can do in the meantime is constantly sub out your tired players even if they're moderately fatigued. But not sure if that does a whole lot (seemed to help me a little).

Last edited by kwpit79; 12-05-2008 at 12:42 PM.
Old 12-05-2008, 01:15 PM   #15
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwpit79
It's probably your trainer. I started out with a horrible trainer and half my team seemed injured. And then I hired a 90+ trainer, and two guys a week get injured now, and it's usually not for more than a week or two when it happens.

So basically, you're stuck in the mud until you can replace your trainer. What you can do in the meantime is constantly sub out your tired players even if they're moderately fatigued. But not sure if that does a whole lot (seemed to help me a little).
Yeah I figured it was the trainer since he's something like a 38 overall and I'm very conservative with injuries. I knew my team would bad my first year (4-8 at the moment) so what's actually irking me more is trying to figure out what sliders I want to use when it's not apples-to-apples since I have different guys in every week!

Oh well, one more thing to look forward to in the offseason - I'm already dreaming of the day I can fire my DC.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2008, 02:13 PM   #16
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGetz
Yeah I figured it was the trainer since he's something like a 38 overall and I'm very conservative with injuries. I knew my team would bad my first year (4-8 at the moment) so what's actually irking me more is trying to figure out what sliders I want to use when it's not apples-to-apples since I have different guys in every week!

Oh well, one more thing to look forward to in the offseason - I'm already dreaming of the day I can fire my DC.
Yep...firing my 14 rated trainer at the end of the first season was one of my best all-time moments in videogames...and got even better when I hired a 99 trainer to replace him!! Injuries are much less of an issue now, but can and do still happen! Keep cap space all season to bring in a few FA's for injuries if you have to.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »