Home

Game Changers

This is a discussion on Game Changers within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-12-2008, 01:17 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Game Changers

What game changers have you guys had?

I have only had 3 that i can remember in all the seasons i've played (~20)... none of which were really all that cool. My first one was informing me that my FB who i had signed that year as a FA was going to retire at the end of the season even though he was only 28 years old. Not a problem for me because the guy had an overall ranking of 74. Then i had one that said a member of my coaching staff went to a seminar that helped him "dramatically". At first when looking at staff development to see who got the extra points and how much, i could determine who got them... then i realized it was my DC and he only got an extra 3000 points... it wasn't even enough to purchase a skill then and there. My last game changer came the other night when it said one of my players had a breakthough in practice, effectively raising his overall potential!!! I was thinkning "sweet", but then i couldn't even tell who it was or how much so it couldn't have been more than 2 extra points or it would have stand out... i was bummed at the let down.

I don't know if it is true or not, but back when this board first started i guy claimed that he had a game changer informing him that Lance Briggs was retiring at the end of his season after he had just signed him to a huge contract and he was only 26. I sorta believe him because i had the same retirement senario but not to that magnitude.

What have you guys gotten?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2008, 01:50 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 15
Re: Game Changers

I've only had 1 game changer so far and it was the "accounting issue" one where it wiped out all my salary cap penalties, which was about $9mil so I was pretty happy.
Old 12-12-2008, 02:31 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 9

I got the breakthrough one with Asomugha on the Raiders... his potential went from 92 to 94
Old 12-12-2008, 02:36 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejccva71
I've only had 1 game changer so far and it was the "accounting issue" one where it wiped out all my salary cap penalties, which was about $9mil so I was pretty happy.

That is a pretty sweet gamechanger!
Old 12-12-2008, 02:38 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanmank
I got the breakthrough one with Asomugha on the Raiders... his potential went from 92 to 94

Come to think of it...mine was on a drafted guy named Tony Bake who was my backup LE, he went from a potential of 82 to 86 but he still wasn't better than my starter... so it was still pretty inconsequential.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2008, 05:14 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 6

I have had 3, one was DT miracle healing ( Okam injury prone so he just got hurt a game or 2 later).

DC read a book that helped he got points for developing himself.

Player stood up in the film room had a breakthrough and he and acoupel huys had increased play knowledge. The players supposedly do that as a regular thing now.
Old 12-12-2008, 05:40 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by somewhatdamaged2
Come to think of it...mine was on a drafted guy named Tony Bake who was my backup LE, he went from a potential of 82 to 86 but he still wasn't better than my starter... so it was still pretty inconsequential.
Hey! Tony Bake was on my team too! High potential, but he never developed for me.

I've had one, it said something about my guys' playbook knowledge going up or something.
Old 12-12-2008, 05:41 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp
I have had 3, one was DT miracle healing ( Okam injury prone so he just got hurt a game or 2 later).

DC read a book that helped he got points for developing himself.

Player stood up in the film room had a breakthrough and he and acoupel huys had increased play knowledge. The players supposedly do that as a regular thing now.
Hey! I have Okam and he's injury prone for me too!

LOL. But seriously. It'd be fun if they had a player have an off the field issue or get suspended for roids. That'd be a twist.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »