Home

Game Changers

This is a discussion on Game Changers within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2008, 02:17 PM   #1
Rookie
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Sep 2008
Game Changers

What game changers have you guys had?

I have only had 3 that i can remember in all the seasons i've played (~20)... none of which were really all that cool. My first one was informing me that my FB who i had signed that year as a FA was going to retire at the end of the season even though he was only 28 years old. Not a problem for me because the guy had an overall ranking of 74. Then i had one that said a member of my coaching staff went to a seminar that helped him "dramatically". At first when looking at staff development to see who got the extra points and how much, i could determine who got them... then i realized it was my DC and he only got an extra 3000 points... it wasn't even enough to purchase a skill then and there. My last game changer came the other night when it said one of my players had a breakthough in practice, effectively raising his overall potential!!! I was thinkning "sweet", but then i couldn't even tell who it was or how much so it couldn't have been more than 2 extra points or it would have stand out... i was bummed at the let down.

I don't know if it is true or not, but back when this board first started i guy claimed that he had a game changer informing him that Lance Briggs was retiring at the end of his season after he had just signed him to a huge contract and he was only 26. I sorta believe him because i had the same retirement senario but not to that magnitude.

What have you guys gotten?
somewhatdamaged2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2008, 02:50 PM   #2
Banned
 
OVR: 15
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: North Bethesda, MD
Re: Game Changers

I've only had 1 game changer so far and it was the "accounting issue" one where it wiped out all my salary cap penalties, which was about $9mil so I was pretty happy.
joejccva71 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 03:31 PM   #3
Pro
 
OVR: 9
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Boston, MA
Re: Game Changers

I got the breakthrough one with Asomugha on the Raiders... his potential went from 92 to 94
xanmank is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 03:36 PM   #4
Rookie
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Sep 2008
Re: Game Changers

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejccva71
I've only had 1 game changer so far and it was the "accounting issue" one where it wiped out all my salary cap penalties, which was about $9mil so I was pretty happy.

That is a pretty sweet gamechanger!
somewhatdamaged2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 03:38 PM   #5
Rookie
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Sep 2008
Re: Game Changers

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanmank
I got the breakthrough one with Asomugha on the Raiders... his potential went from 92 to 94

Come to think of it...mine was on a drafted guy named Tony Bake who was my backup LE, he went from a potential of 82 to 86 but he still wasn't better than my starter... so it was still pretty inconsequential.
somewhatdamaged2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2008, 06:14 PM   #6
Rookie
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Western NY
Re: Game Changers

I have had 3, one was DT miracle healing ( Okam injury prone so he just got hurt a game or 2 later).

DC read a book that helped he got points for developing himself.

Player stood up in the film room had a breakthrough and he and acoupel huys had increased play knowledge. The players supposedly do that as a regular thing now.
scorp is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 06:40 PM   #7
MVP
 
OVR: 18
Join Date: Oct 2008
Re: Game Changers

Quote:
Originally Posted by somewhatdamaged2
Come to think of it...mine was on a drafted guy named Tony Bake who was my backup LE, he went from a potential of 82 to 86 but he still wasn't better than my starter... so it was still pretty inconsequential.
Hey! Tony Bake was on my team too! High potential, but he never developed for me.

I've had one, it said something about my guys' playbook knowledge going up or something.
MrNFL_FanIQ is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 06:41 PM   #8
MVP
 
OVR: 18
Join Date: Oct 2008
Re: Game Changers

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp
I have had 3, one was DT miracle healing ( Okam injury prone so he just got hurt a game or 2 later).

DC read a book that helped he got points for developing himself.

Player stood up in the film room had a breakthrough and he and acoupel huys had increased play knowledge. The players supposedly do that as a regular thing now.
Hey! I have Okam and he's injury prone for me too!

LOL. But seriously. It'd be fun if they had a player have an off the field issue or get suspended for roids. That'd be a twist.
MrNFL_FanIQ is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:01 AM.

Top -