Home

Old 12-24-2008, 11:51 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Chargers

Was this smart. So i started a career with the chargers, and i started post-draft so i did a couple of moves before my first pre-season game, and i went and picked up Brandon Jacobs(1st round and 3rd round 2010) as a back-up to LT for his trucking power and a potential of 90. and then i went and picked up Calvin Johnson for a 3rd 2009 pick and 1st 2010. I went 2-2 for preseason so far any other things i should do?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2008, 03:49 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 12
Re: Chargers

What you should do is delete that and start all over again. You got robbed by the Giants and handicapped your team for a backup rb and a wr. Unless you only care about winning on your first season than I would start all over. I am on the 3rd year of my franchise and thanks to some serious scouting I have 30 YES 30 players with 90+ potential including 3 qbs, my Bears have a lot more talent than the Chargers and far younger as well as cheaper. I have more probowl players on some postions than I ever will use. I did it by trading down and trading away my players, I too wanted Jacobs but a 1st and a 3rd is a joke for a player like him. On my second year I drafted a fb as good as Jacobs on the 3rd round and a wr with 95 pot on the 4th round.
Old 12-24-2008, 04:51 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 11

i agree. especially with the jacobs part. there is no sense in having a backup like brandon jacobs when you have LT getting most of the carries. you could make an arguement for the calvin johnson trade, but personally i think it was a bad move too. he doesnt really fit in well with the chargers. overall, those 2 guys definitely arent worth the picks you gave up.
Old 12-24-2008, 05:01 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

oh okay thanks guys =) keep um coming i think im going to re-do it as u guys say.
Old 12-25-2008, 02:21 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

in this game, as it is in real life, the draft is much, much, much more powerful than free agency/trades 99% of the time.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »