Home

Is it too early/late for a Headcoach 2010/2011 wishlist?

This is a discussion on Is it too early/late for a Headcoach 2010/2011 wishlist? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-25-2008, 07:49 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: Is it too early/late for a Headcoach 2010/2011 wishlist?

but its not available for playstation 3
Old 12-25-2008, 07:56 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 12

You can play it on xbox360 and PS3.
Old 12-26-2008, 12:39 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by claystone
The funny thing is, all the things we are asking for to be in HC10 is in 2k5, except hiring DC, or OC.

You have:

1. Pass Rush

2. RB's gain yards

3. Can re-negotiate contracts at any time, and you can front load, or back load contracts.

4. First round rookies are sometimes busts.

5. You don't get to see a players ratings in 2k5 during the draft, making it much harder.

6. No emotional screen or defining moments

7. You can edit playbooks.

8. You can edit players attributes and players.

9. You can change players positions.

10. You can play 2k5 in coaches mode, and your coach can be fired.

11. You can flip all plays.

12. In the last 2 minutes of the game, your players will run out of bounds to save time.

13. When a penalty is called, you actually see the player committing the penalty. Very cool.

14. Your opponent loses challeges sometimes.

15. Refs and the chain gang.

Everything we wanted for HC10 is in 2k5 along with half-time and post game high-lights.
Ok lets be real

2k5s franchise mode was broken beyond belief.

I dont want to get into name calling but you have to be kidding me if you think that it is even close to HC or even next gen madden for all of their flaws. First off the schedules in 2K5 were completely broken. The progression was nonsensical, and the trade logic was ********. It was like playing fantasy football. Sure it had allot of great and innovative features but the basics were completely broken. Now I will say that 2k5s play editor was outstanding, as were many of their features, but with a broken progression system, there is no point to a franchise mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-26-2008, 05:48 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by claystone
The funny thing is, all the things we are asking for to be in HC10 is in 2k5, except hiring DC, or OC.

You have:

1. Pass Rush- i get plenty of passrush with a 4 man rush

2. RB's gain yards-if anything, in my experience the passing game is broken lol

3. Can re-negotiate contracts at any time, and you can front load, or back load contracts.

4. First round rookies are sometimes busts.-ton of busts in this game. even though an 85 isnt "officially" a bust, i consider anyone below a 90 potential to be a bust in the 1st round.

5. You don't get to see a players ratings in 2k5 during the draft, making it much harder.-high rated players can be busts, low rated players are sleepers. these ratings are like the espn big board ratings that mel kiper does

6. No emotional screen or defining moments

7. You can edit playbooks.-you can edit them, although it is un-neccisarily hard to do it

8. You can edit players attributes and players.

9. You can change players positions.-you can- to a realistic limit for the most part

10. You can play 2k5 in coaches mode, and your coach can be fired.

11. You can flip all plays.

12. In the last 2 minutes of the game, your players will run out of bounds to save time.

13. When a penalty is called, you actually see the player committing the penalty. Very cool.

14. Your opponent loses challeges sometimes.

15. Refs and the chain gang.

Everything we wanted for HC10 is in 2k5 along with half-time and post game high-lights.
in bold is what i disagree with, the rest you have a point
Old 12-29-2008, 12:11 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 7

I dunno where to start with this game. Everything is just not what I expected. This game is something that sounds better on paper than what it is. The game is 30 bucks for a reason. Its half a complete game. It is missing important stuff like re-negotiating contracts during season. What gets me is I cant trade for picks I want only for the ones they offer. I just dont know what the hell they did to this game. I had more fun in nfl head coach 06 on pc. Graphics seemed better there. I could trade anything I want.

This is like half a game. I just am so disappointed. How could they decieve me like this. I know my odds of being a real gm is so low that the least I could have is an enjoyable simulation experience. This game didnt meet any of my expectations. You have the annoying popups saying the same thing every 3-4 seconds. This game looks like it should have been release 4-5 years ago. Honestly how is this a next gen game?

Just so disappointing I lost some sleep last night cause I was so pumped to get this game. Honestly can the developers honestly say they put out a decent product? Someone on the dev team said they think they made the best football sim out there.

Laughable huh? Maybe I came into this game with super high expectations but I think our expectations should be high its EA sports. Why would EA sports release a horrible product? I feel so cheated going out of my way to buy this game only to get a game without the even basics of maddens franchise mode.

Unrealistic mock drafts. Ai is horrible. Honestly I want to help the EA team. I may not have the programming skills or experience but I do know one thing and that is what makes a good game. I tried reading only the good ratings just cause I assumed that the people who didnt like this game didnt like these types of games to begin with but thats not even the case.

It is like this game was a demo version of the real thing. If that is the case please give me the complete game now. Honestly this game is lacking so many basic features found in madden. I am assuming the reasons for this is low budget. Well I guess that is understandable. Rant done
Old 12-29-2008, 01:00 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

HC09, as with all games, have some things that we wished were better and some things we wish to see in a future release. Just look at Madden, its probably got the one of the biggest production budgets of a video game. And after every release, people come to the internet and complain about lack of features and create wish lists for future versions. So HC09 is just like every other game out there.

But to call it a half finished game is crazy. I mean, I can't think of a game that I've been playing practically every day since August. While Madden and NHL 09 and FIFA 09 and Fable 2 some other games I have are basically sitting there on the shelves collecting dust. Heck, I haven't played Madden since Aug.

And I know from reading this and other forums out there. There are lots of people like me that even though this game have it's issues and short comings. There is no better game out there at this time.

Here's hoping for a HC10 and beyond!!!
Old 12-29-2008, 01:33 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 7

I'd just like to apoligize for my harsh words earlier. I am not gonna say I didnt mean it but this game isnt half bad. I was just pissed cause I wanted this to be the greatest game ever which its not but its not the worst game ever. About a c+ game which is good enough to get through this winter I guess. I just gotta get use to not being able to trade for specific draft picks and not being able to resign players I want and no head coach or player free agent pool. Those are huge features that must be in the next version. They just must be in it. Overall I have enjoyed this game. Also please include in the next version graphics that look as good as madden 09. Cause I try to play a game in this and the graphics are atrocious as you know. Not hating I just want good things for this game and the series I see the potential here. You guys are close to making a classic game and classic series and dont stop believing keep going!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2008, 07:55 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantgetright69
I'd just like to apoligize for my harsh words earlier. I am not gonna say I didnt mean it but this game isnt half bad. I was just pissed cause I wanted this to be the greatest game ever which its not but its not the worst game ever. About a c+ game which is good enough to get through this winter I guess. I just gotta get use to not being able to trade for specific draft picks and not being able to resign players I want and no head coach or player free agent pool. Those are huge features that must be in the next version. They just must be in it. Overall I have enjoyed this game. Also please include in the next version graphics that look as good as madden 09. Cause I try to play a game in this and the graphics are atrocious as you know. Not hating I just want good things for this game and the series I see the potential here. You guys are close to making a classic game and classic series and dont stop believing keep going!
there is a FA pool. during the offseason the players come at you in a bidding process and during the preseason/regular season you can sign off the street FAs

not trading for specific draft picks is in a way realistic. no team goes irl "i want to trade for the 80th pick" before the draft. You can trade for picks during the draft, or trade your players for draft picks, which is how it works out irl.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »