Home

Ran into a problem

This is a discussion on Ran into a problem within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-30-2008, 10:18 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Ran into a problem

Well just got forced to retire. They wouldnt even let me trade high cap players. I tried to not cut anymore players cause of cap issues and then find out I had no choice. So i cut the player and then see a screen pop up that says I have to retire. I mean it wasnt even my fault. Or maybe it was I dunno. Anyways what are some ways to avoid these huge cap penalties and getting forced to retire. I didnt even cut any players till the offseason when the ****in gm forced me to cut some players. This sucks building a good franchise then retiring cause they force you to make mistakes and put you in lose lose situations. Thing that sucks the most is i put so much work into the team and this happens. Another disappointing season but i still had some fun.
Old 12-30-2008, 11:37 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantgetright69
Well just got forced to retire. They wouldnt even let me trade high cap players. I tried to not cut anymore players cause of cap issues and then find out I had no choice. So i cut the player and then see a screen pop up that says I have to retire. I mean it wasnt even my fault. Or maybe it was I dunno. Anyways what are some ways to avoid these huge cap penalties and getting forced to retire. I didnt even cut any players till the offseason when the ****in gm forced me to cut some players. This sucks building a good franchise then retiring cause they force you to make mistakes and put you in lose lose situations. Thing that sucks the most is i put so much work into the team and this happens. Another disappointing season but i still had some fun.
Often times, you just have to keep the players you want to get rid of. Sometimes you're just stuck with a guy.
Old 12-31-2008, 12:27 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNFL_FanIQ
Often times, you just have to keep the players you want to get rid of. Sometimes you're just stuck with a guy.
Do you get penalized for making trades? is that how it works in the real nfl? cause i never cut anyone but made serious trades and noticed my cap room was shrinking even though i was clearing cap space. Is it because we have to pay the bonus that we get penalized? I thought the bonus never went against the cap.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2008, 10:38 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Do you get penalized for making trades? is that how it works in the real nfl? cause i never cut anyone but made serious trades and noticed my cap room was shrinking even though i was clearing cap space. Is it because we have to pay the bonus that we get penalized? I thought the bonus never went against the cap.
Yes, you can get cap penalties for cutting or trading some players with bonuses, in the trade screen it tells you what their penalties are.
Old 12-31-2008, 11:52 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Bonus is against the cap. Here's how it works:

Player A: Cap salary 3.5 M, Bonus Penalty 1.5 M. Cut or trade him, you still have to pay 1.5 M against the cap.

Player B: Cap Salary 3.5 M, Bonus penalty 8.0 M. Cut or trade him, you pay 8.0 million against the cap.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »