Home

Detroit Lions (Clay)

This is a discussion on Detroit Lions (Clay) within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-05-2009, 02:48 AM   #49
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: Detroit Lions (Clay)

how has the season been
Old 02-06-2009, 01:26 AM   #50
Rookie

electrolyte's Arena

OVR: 2

I'm also doing a Lion's franchise though I seem to be doing better than you. I won my first five games, lost my next two. Now I'm on the Week 9 game against the Bears and I don't know maybe this game is scripted because it seems that the AI sucks in passes like nobodies business. I once threw 6 interceptions against the bears. I re-did it running about 90% of the time and I can do pretty well. I run no matter what, punt the ball away, a big field position battle. Luckily Grossman sucks and their runningback is Ron Dayne (who also sucks). I get up to 14 - 3 in the 3rd quarter but then my game gives me an unreadable disc error. I'll have to take over again after I get a new hard drive, maybe that will fix the problem.
Old 02-07-2009, 12:36 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 3

first season in detroit with new college playbooks, we went 15-1 - all sim. this was with a new coach and redraft 2008. I figured that I would likely be fired so put all of my coaches points towards charm, performance and staff intangible boost.

i picked up an unknown undrafted quarterback who somehow had 92 potential (this is 2008). that was actually a disapointing surprise. I drafted: SS kenny phillips, DE calais cambell, CB zach bowman and WR early doucet, and picked up asante samual, michael turner, and shane andrews as free agents. 15-1 !!

but we lost in the second round of playoffs.

I dropped the undrafted QB because he wanted a huge contract and I traded two 4th round picks for josh johnson (who i wanted to begin with) for my college option attack. In coach hiring I fired everyone except skippy the RB coach. Hired new OC J. Caldwell (lucky he was available), and DC Pepper Johnson. I also picked up Lance Briggs and moved Ernie Sims to MLB. Oh and Daniel Graham as my Blocking TE.

the next two seasons were superbowl wins (simmed) everything was great. #1 Offense, top 5 defense, and josh johnson MVP. My GMs sucked however and I was on my third GM and he recommended that I cut some underperforming big contract players. I thought what the hell lets please this guy and see what happens. Suddenly I was in Cap hell because of the penalties. Bad decision to cut everyone at once even if they were back-ups. Things got tough and I haven't gone back to yet to figure out my cap problems. But 2 superbowls in the first 4 years was a good run.

Last edited by hippotitus; 02-07-2009 at 12:39 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »