Home

How to make career mode deeper

This is a discussion on How to make career mode deeper within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-06-2009, 01:07 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 7
How to make career mode deeper

I think to make a more in depth career mode for your coach where would be to start off as a position coach and work his way up or he could just start as either a defensive or offensive coordinator calling plays for that side of the ball? I think this would help in building up our coach's overall rating, as opposed to jumping right into the job with a rating of 16.

I also would not mind seeing a college version of this game make its way onto shelves. I think that not only would it be great so that we could export draft classes and your coach, but I don't think I am alone when I say that I would end up playing this more then its NFL counterpart.

Also on a side note, is there a way to give your coach a hat or a visor?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2009, 01:30 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: How to make career mode deeper

i agree...a college version of this would be really cool. though one of the best parts of this game is the draft, so theyd have to make sure to do something really good with national signing day
Old 01-06-2009, 09:48 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 12

But if you started off as a position coach you would lose A LOT of the features of the game, like drafting, hiring, trading, FAs personnel control etc.
Old 01-06-2009, 10:57 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelysk
But if you started off as a position coach you would lose A LOT of the features of the game, like drafting, hiring, trading, FAs personnel control etc.
Well yes that is a downside, but instead of having full control you could be able to give input like if you are a LB coach you could say, 'give me coverage linebackers', you could still have a lot of these features such as pushing for certain players and depending upon your influence on the team your opinion might be taken under consideration.

Also another thing that would be cool is to have a mentor, for example you are a Eagle DL coach and through the year you gain knowledge of Jim Johnson's system gradually and get to the point that you have the ability to take that system wherever you go and be able to implement it successfully.
Old 01-06-2009, 11:03 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlane0087
Well yes that is a downside, but instead of having full control you could be able to give input like if you are a LB coach you could say, 'give me coverage linebackers', you could still have a lot of these features such as pushing for certain players and depending upon your influence on the team your opinion might be taken under consideration.

Also another thing that would be cool is to have a mentor, for example you are a Eagle DL coach and through the year you gain knowledge of Jim Johnson's system gradually and get to the point that you have the ability to take that system wherever you go and be able to implement it successfully.
I can see this being an in game history of your coach kinda thing. Along the lines of creating a coach in 06. Your more geared toward a certian playstyle and as such your stats in that area are better. Just not sure there would be enough gameplay involved to make it a worthwhile option.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »