Home

Has anyone played against AP?

This is a discussion on Has anyone played against AP? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-06-2009, 09:51 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 12
Has anyone played against AP?

It's funny, everytime I play the Vikings AP is hurt and C. Taylor plays instead. Why is one of the best HB in the NFL always hurt in this game? I think I played against him once, but he was injured during the first quarter. I really like to see how good he is in this game..lol

Has anyone played against him for a full game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2009, 10:15 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Has anyone played against AP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by claystone
It's funny, everytime I play the Vikings AP is hurt and C. Taylor plays instead. Why is one of the best HB in the NFL always hurt in this game? I think I played against him once, but he was injured during the first quarter. I really like to see how good he is in this game..lol

I have played the vikings twice, he was hurt both times. Funny thing is he was hurt in year one on about game 15, and they still won the super bowl.
Old 01-06-2009, 10:58 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by claystone

That is weird, what type of injury is it? He did have the broken collar bone right before he came into the league, I wonder if the game takes things like that into account?
Old 01-06-2009, 11:04 PM   #4
MVP

shnuskis's Arena

OVR: 17

I just played against him today. 1rst year with the Cardinals. He is good as he breaks a lot of tackles and speed once he gets into the open, but I gave him a steady dose of 3-4 blitzes and he had no where to go.

The game takes into account the time he missed in college as well as the time he missed his rookie year with a knee injury. Funny enough the hit to his knee was by Al Harris. One of the weakest hitting corners I have ever seen. Actually Al tripped in front of AP and his helmet hit AP's knee.
Old 01-06-2009, 11:34 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 12

I have played against him quite a few times. His over all is not that high something like 82-84 but I bet his potential is out the roof. Over all he is solid but doesn't scare my Bears D at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2009, 03:00 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

AP really isn't that special to me...he has talent yes, but in real life and in the game...he is injury prone and fumble prone and if you have fast LB's...using a suffocating blitz scheme he doesn't really do much at all. Now Chester Taylor on the other hand really pisses me off sometimes...the damn guy just doesn't go down easily...I usually just wait for the destroyer to clean up the mess (Patrick Willis...no one gets through Willis...yes...I am a niner fan).

Cheers!
Old 01-07-2009, 11:06 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 5

This just proves that everyone has different experiences in the game!

I have played against AP a few times early on in a season. He is DOMINATING when he isn't injured. Which, obviously, is almost never. But anyway, statistically he is amazing as well. 80s str, fast, elusive, powerful. He is by far the best ratings back in the game (maybe next to boar... who is aslo injury prone).

Either way, I think the game is a little too harsh with his injuries. I agree he is injury prone in real life, but he still lead the league in rushing and carried the ball over 300 times. That does not translate to a 45 injury rating. Even if you are basing that rating off of his rookie year. I think 70 would be a good rating for him. With a much higher toughness rating as well. He recovers quickly.

Should he have a much less carry rating? Of course. But AP really is a spectacular back and it would be fun to see him on the field more in this game. Oh well, there is always some awesome backs to draft!
Old 01-07-2009, 11:08 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by samboz19
AP really isn't that special to me...he has talent yes, but in real life and in the game...he is injury prone and fumble prone and if you have fast LB's...using a suffocating blitz scheme he doesn't really do much at all. Now Chester Taylor on the other hand really pisses me off sometimes...the damn guy just doesn't go down easily...I usually just wait for the destroyer to clean up the mess (Patrick Willis...no one gets through Willis...yes...I am a niner fan).

Cheers!
I think Willis is the most dominating defensive player in HC 09. He TERRIFIES me when I play the otherwise easy niners. He seems to be absolutely everywhere.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »