Home

Head Coach is worth saving

This is a discussion on Head Coach is worth saving within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-14-2009, 02:36 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: Head Coach is worth saving

Quote:
Originally Posted by Details
If this would help keep the Head Coach franchise alive, then I'm all for it.

There needs to be more than one NFL game per year.

This is one of the problems with the NFL license exclusivity agreement. If EA decides not to make Head Coach, then that's it. The fans don't get anything besides Madden.

That's ridiculous. How does that benefit the NFL? The license is only being used for one game. One game!
And the one game isn't even any good.

It benefits the NFL of course, because they are getting a TON of cash from EA though.
Old 01-14-2009, 06:08 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieutenant Dan
My only concern with porting HC to Franchise mode (merging) is that we get too much compromise....Head Coach Lite.

If they can pull it off so it's 90% intact AND improved, using the latest Madden engine for gameday (but with Head Coach AI), I'll be floored.
I'd take what they gave me of course...but it would have to have the option of not controlling the players and have viable ai with that option. That would be my primary concern.
Old 01-15-2009, 08:26 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloeyEZ
I'd take what they gave me of course...but it would have to have the option of not controlling the players and have viable ai with that option. That would be my primary concern.
Also since the new consoles came out, thus new iterations of Madden and NCAA, they have taken away all camera options. The camera is locked very close to the field. I love NCAA, but I simply hate playing it with no camera options.

I have no hopes of integrating HC and Madden. If proof is needed, watch the program on ESPN "Madden Nation". That is the audience that Madden plays down to. An integration of Madden and HC is impossible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2009, 09:45 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by swatter555
Also since the new consoles came out, thus new iterations of Madden and NCAA, they have taken away all camera options. The camera is locked very close to the field. I love NCAA, but I simply hate playing it with no camera options.

I have no hopes of integrating HC and Madden. If proof is needed, watch the program on ESPN "Madden Nation". That is the audience that Madden plays down to. An integration of Madden and HC is impossible.
Unfortunately the key demographic is the people who's football strategy consists of nothing but deep passes and never punt. It feels like "DEFINING MOMENT!" was made for Madden gamers because it's so illogical...
Old 01-18-2009, 01:42 AM   #37
jsg
Pro

OVR: 10

i would love for another HC. this is my favorite football game since madden 04
Old 01-19-2009, 10:54 AM   #38
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh_Looman
I appreciate the kind words.

Thank you guys for all of the support!
Thank YOU for HC!

I left a note with your bosses that I want another Head Coach! (Thanks A.J.!!)
Old 01-22-2009, 11:51 PM   #39
Rookie

cocacolaman's Arena

OVR: 4

This game is the greatest. Sure some improvements would be nice, personally I'd love play by play broadcast while coaching the games. It'd be great to hear them critisize all my bone head decisions.

Heck an open source PC version would be great that way everyone could add to it.
But why not make the games with the initial price at 30$ instead of 60$. I'd pay 30$ for an updated and improved game every year.

I mean come on I played one game of Madden this year and never picked it back up cause it was the worst version ever. I played All Pro more.

Why take the best NFL game off the market????????
Old 05-04-2010, 11:43 AM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 3

I picked up this game when the price had fallen to I think 20 or 10 dollars. I had never heard of the game before and I figured it was worth a try. It was one of the best gaming decisions i've ever made. I would gladly pay 60 or 70 bucks for another head coach game. This is a great game that deserves another chance.

I bought madden just to try out the franchise mode and I didn't like it.I'll just stick with head coach for my football gaming.

Last edited by slacker2; 05-05-2010 at 11:41 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »