Home

Hardest moves for you to make...

This is a discussion on Hardest moves for you to make... within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-14-2009, 06:26 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 15
Hardest moves for you to make...

So Im in my 8th year of a career (BTW do you have to stop at 15 yrs? or do you get a chance to keep going?)

And Im using the bears. I drafted a QB with 94 potential in my frst year and along with my defense, A few FA pickups (Braylon Edwards, Antonio Gates) and a developed Matt Forte 90-92 ovr, I managed to build a dynasty.

But Urlacher retired, Briggs got old, etc so I have been rebuilding. However yesterday I had to cut Matt Forte. In the last 2 years he really hit the wall since hitting thirty, which I guess is natrual for a RB. He has misses 6-8 games each season because of injury. He is getting hurt more and has lost allot of speed becuase of it (from a 88 to an 82) and he just cant carry the load anymore even though he is an 88 ovr still.)

And it actually hurt to let him go. I guess it is a business. One of the things I love about this game.

Anyone have to cut or trade a player who you built your team upon?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2009, 09:54 AM   #2
Rookie

goonertaff's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Hardest moves for you to make...

Joey Porter I let go after 6 or 7 years for Miami that one stung as he was a sack machine in the 3-4 but i think he was 34 v high cap figue but low bonus plus his last 2 years he played 14 games or so

also Ted Ginn- no no wait - oh yea thats right I had a party instead
"boss he does nt know who he is!"
"well tell him he's Pele and get him fecking back on"
BFR manager of WBA 1978
Old 01-15-2009, 12:02 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 11

there have been a number of undrafted free agents that ive signed that have ended up being rated something like 82/91 or something crazy like that. then thier 1 year contract is up and theres just no way i can re-sign them. those usually really hurt because a lot of times these guys are better than the guys you actually draft and lock into multi-year contracts. ironic...
Old 01-15-2009, 10:57 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guggy107
there have been a number of undrafted free agents that ive signed that have ended up being rated something like 82/91 or something crazy like that. then thier 1 year contract is up and theres just no way i can re-sign them. those usually really hurt because a lot of times these guys are better than the guys you actually draft and lock into multi-year contracts. ironic...
This is one of the reasons I go after free agents and trades alot more than scouting in the draft.

Pros-
1. you get players who have better overall and usually learn plays faster
2. minimal chance of getting a bust

Cons-
1. Teams may not want to trade with you
2. They ask alot for a decent trade

Just my opinion.

The first draft is a must though!
Old 01-16-2009, 08:48 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'm in my 3rd season with Atlanta now and am carrying Keith Brooking on my roster. He's the last guy on the playing staff with connections to the Superbowl team, he's played all his career from high school, college and pros in Georgia, and has led my team in tackles and forced fumbles in both my first two seasons. He's carrying a high salary and I want to get a guy who is a little better in pass coverage, as his speed is in decline. I need to decide on him. I just cant pull the trigger though
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »