Home

Adrian Peterson is a freaking beast

This is a discussion on Adrian Peterson is a freaking beast within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-15-2009, 02:10 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 29
Adrian Peterson is a freaking beast

I decided to give this game a shot, since it's only $30.

Anyway - I've played two games with the Vikings.

I somehow lost to Detroit (I felt a little ripped off - everytime I pulled ahead, they came right back and scored. And in the last quarter when I was up - their RB suddenly became invincible going from 63 or so yards total to 180... And they seemed to make every single pass suddenly. I was starting to think comeback logic...).

Anyway, my next game was just now against KC, and HOT DAMN.

I held Tarvaris Jackson from passing too much - he went 14/17 for 168 yards and 0 TD/INT; about what I think he should do - in real life it scares me when he passes too much, so I try to hold him to under 30 passes (in the two games I've played).

Taylor ran a respectable 68 yards on 13 carries...

The story of the game? Adrian Peterson ran 23 times for 267 yards and 5 TD's . Including a 94 yard run in which he broke out of a group tackle in which he was being held from behind, and a guy was attacking from the front, trying to wrap him up; he broke out of the hold, and avoided the guy at the front and with a burst of speed, sped past the defender up the field a little for a 94 yard run. He also had a 40 yard TD later in the game.

I ended up winning something like 47 - 14.

My defense also had 3 INT, but it seemed other than that - the passing was just insane. Near the end of the game they were going all pass to move up the field, and they seriously were able to march straight up the field with no problem. It's like my defense just didn't care - kind of like the Detroit game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2009, 04:40 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Adrian Peterson is a freaking beast

Yup. People here will tell you he is not worth it due to injury concerns, and it is hard to disagree. But I feel because of that, many have not given him a fair shot in the game. He is incredible. super fast and incredibly strong (something like 85 str and 97 trucking), not to mention great evade moves. If it wasn't for injury issues (and you WILL have them, so try not to practice him), he is easily the best, or one of the best, players in this game.
Old 01-15-2009, 04:51 PM   #3
Banned

This kind of leads me to ask - there's no way to edit players before a season starts, is there?

Seems silly to me that he'd be so prone to injuries; when last year is was a hit that would have hurt anyone, and this year he did great and didn't miss a single game.

I was reading another thread about the injury stuff and noticed that, as you said, he's apparently injured way too much.
Old 01-15-2009, 07:12 PM   #4
Rookie

There is not a way that I know of to edit stats of players in the game.
Old 01-15-2009, 11:36 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

AD is a hell of a talent for sure. I am personally not a fan because with all the talent in the world he fails at the most fundamental basic of being a RB and that is ball security...he fumbles way too damn much. Yes I knock him for being injury prone to, but its the lack of holding onto the ball that urks me the most.

L.T. is still the man as far as I am concerned (The most complete back there is). Beyond that...there are some absolute freaks as far as rookies you can draft. Of course...I am not going to give away any spoilers, but I will say...there are certain players you have to switch to RB and they are absolutely unstoppable.

Cheers!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2009, 08:48 AM   #6
Banned

So are all the new players introduced in the draft just pre-made? Does that spoil the replay value at all? I was kind of hoping it was like EHM or other text simulators, where draft picks are generated randomly, so when you start up a new career, the players in the drafts are all different.
Old 01-16-2009, 11:08 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by samboz19
I am not going to give away any spoilers, but I will say...there are certain players you have to switch to RB and they are absolutely unstoppable.

Cheers!
Oh do tell! Spoil! Spoil!
Old 01-16-2009, 01:25 PM   #8
MVP

shnuskis's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmay
Seems silly to me that he'd be so prone to injuries; when last year is was a hit that would have hurt anyone, and this year he did great and didn't miss a single game.

Don't forget, they factor in his college career too where I think his freshman year was the only year he didn't get hurt.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »