Home

How does the motivator special skill work?

This is a discussion on How does the motivator special skill work? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-28-2009, 02:21 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 8
How does the motivator special skill work?

I know it's supposed to increase players' potentials. But I bought it and there's no increase in their potential stat nor maximum attribute ceilings.Am I missing something?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2009, 08:27 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: How does the motivator special skill work?

I've heard that the skill can raise the potentials of players, but I'm not sure how, whom, or when.
Old 02-10-2009, 02:49 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

The other night I added this special skill for the first time. I remembered reading your post (as well as several others, some saying it worked, others saying it didn't), so beforehand I wrote down the overalls and potentials of all the players. When I applied the skill, nothing changed.

Then I began thinking some more and remembered that the game seems to be uneven at times at updating player's progression. Or at least I believe that to be the case. I've noticed that if I move developing players to another position, then back to the original position, often times their overall will go up. So, I tried doing this with all the players on my team post-motivator and it seemed to work, showing their potentials increasing, significantly in some cases. Weirdly enough, this reset with some players after a few weeks and brought them back to original levels, but kept it that way for others. If I do the position flip-flop, it brings things back to the higher levels. I'm only about a month out now from the switch, so I'm wondering if it will continue to be erratic or if it will stabilize in the off-season.
Old 02-10-2009, 11:42 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

I have seen the same oddities with overalls changing when swapping a players position to something else and back to normal. I have also seen them correct themselves later as well.

I'm startinf to think that the ratings aren't consistent when they update.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »