Home

Steelers Career Help

This is a discussion on Steelers Career Help within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-02-2009, 02:56 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Steelers Career Help

I just finished beating the Jaguars 24 to 9 and during the following week it came up saying Heath Miller was upset about not getting enough playing time. Then at the start of the next week (I had bye) it wanted me to ignore him or bench him for saying some negative comments. So I benched him but my game froze right after that when I tried to look at the injury list. My problem is not the freeze but what do I do with Heath Miller if that happens again. He is my starting TE and has 1-3 catches a game. He got injured the 3rd game of the preseason and came back the 4th week of the regular season I think. Anyone experience something similar to this or have any ideas to keep him happy.

Next question is about the contract negotiation that comes up. My offensive line has a lot of players that need to be resigned but I want to wait until the end of the season so I can decide who I want to keep. I am thinking of picking up some offensive linemen in the draft preferably the Center from Alabama who looks good right now. Will I lose a lot of player approval if I don't sign these guys or will I be fine if I just hit ignore when it comes up.

Also I was wondering if their audibles in the game because I noticed that the cpu team audibles to different plays on offense but I guess I can't do that or am I wrong?

Lastly Is their anyway to avoid players getting injured during practice? I had Charlie batch break his leg or something during the week and It said he was out for the season. I'm guessing it was during practice cause he only played during the preseason.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2009, 12:44 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: Steelers Career Help

to answer some of your questions:

1) dont really have a good answer for you there

2) your best bet is to enter negotions but then just hit B right away and exit them. you wont get an approval drop and you arent forced to sign the player at the time. try to decide who you want to keep before the end of the season though, because whoever you havent re-signed will automatically go to the free agent list and they will lose thier playbook knowledge. so if you eventually decide to sign them again, they will have to relearn the playbook

3) the AI will automatically call audibles during the hurry up offense. there is no way for you to call them on your own.

4) the only way to avoid players getting hurt in practice is to either hold them out of practice or go into the depth chart and put them on the bottom. i would recommend the latter becuase i was having trouble getting players to actually sit out of practice when i told them to. i may have been doing something wrong, but it could be bugged. now i just delegate the whole "health and fatigue" to my trainer...seems to work fine.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:20 PM   #3
Rookie

c1pher's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Steelers Career Help

Another option for you is to try to sign as many guys as possible to deals that don't have signing bonuses attached. This way, you can cut them at any time without any cap penalties.

c1pher

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »