Home

Old 02-13-2009, 05:47 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: New Career

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ1517
OK, I'm liking the Cheifs idea . Its just SO easy to get talent. I got Jordan Gross (RT), Josh Brown (K), Nnamadi Ashonomga or whatever and Ken Hamlin (FS). Then I traded Tony G for the 3rd pick (geez Atlanta's stupid), got Sinorice Moss (WR) and Akin Ayodele (MLB). In just the 1st round i got Matt Ryan, Chris Long, Leodis McKelvin and Ketwaan Balmer. Christ, I still got 6 picks left! And all but my 6th for next year. It's not even fair when you think i coul've traded up even more.

Sorry the spelling of A-S-O-M-U-G-H-A made me LOL

Madden '10 "foundation" + depth of Head Coach 09 = my dream franchise mode.
Old 02-13-2009, 05:51 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guggy107
well if you really want a challenge, youd go for a team with minimal talent, no cap space, and several bad contracts. id recommend oakland.

I went 14-2 in my first year, and I'm 7-0 in my second year with Oakland. If you go with before the draft rather than pre-season, Al Davis doesn't over pay Javon Walker with a ludicrous contract.

Also, many of the low talent, high salary players can be cut in year one or year 2 without too bad of a cap hit, and its not hard to get solid FAs and trade for solid players, not to mention the ease of drafting high potential players

Madden '10 "foundation" + depth of Head Coach 09 = my dream franchise mode.
Old 02-13-2009, 06:32 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazet
NEVER take the English path. It's too easy and tempting to draft 5-9 potential hall of famers in your first off season.
I didn't even attempt to draft every great player, but ended up with eight +90 POT guys. I really only set out to draft Morrow and a decent back to spell LJ, but ended up with Marrow, Leron James, Casey Barone (FB), Jamarion Bellows (WR), Boma (RG), Kemba Williams (RT), a Chris Cooley clone, and a Brian Dawkins clone at FS. We were the #2 seed that season. Over the course of two drafts, I built the best OL in the league. The English draft makes the 83 draft, with Marino, Kelly, Elway, Bruce Matthews, Darrel Green, and Eric Dickerson, look lacking in HOF talent.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2009, 09:34 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

Well, I had the English path, but did it over again. I already had the Zazzali once, so I didn't want that, and I knew nothing abouth the othe 2. I ended up getting the Ozzie Jones/Joe Kain path.

Oh and those 4 1st round draft picks made me go from $30 million in cap room to $2 million in cap room. Matty and Chris both have over $10 mil in cap
Old 02-14-2009, 12:27 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 8

Yeah that's why I tend to avoid top 10 picks. Too freakin expensive
Old 02-15-2009, 12:00 AM   #14
Rookie

OK, I've had 6 1st rounders in 2 years.

QB Matt Ryan
LE Chris Long
DT Ketwaan Balmer
CB Leodis McKelvin
WR Dravantti Jordan
HB Ozzie Jones
I'd only not have picked Balmer, his potential is only 85.
Old 02-16-2009, 07:31 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 8

Everybody seems to like Dravantti Jordan, but I don't know. That draft has plenty of wide receivers that you can either pick up in the 7th or they go undrafted. Jordan seems like a Donnie Avery lite to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2009, 10:24 PM   #16
Rookie

He's OK, kinda pissed me off though cuz he is 93 potential and I got a 94 and 95 potential undrafted WR's. Kinda a waste

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »