Home

Switching Positions!!!

This is a discussion on Switching Positions!!! within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-15-2009, 03:00 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Switching Positions!!!

Just wondering if anyone else had found some hidden gems by switching players positions. I have switched both Michael Huff (from FS to CB) and Haloti Ngata (De to DT) and they have both jumped to 93 potential and are always one of the best at the position in the league.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2009, 08:49 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: Switching Positions!!!

Patrick Willis from MLB to OLB
Old 02-15-2009, 09:14 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonolith
Patrick Willis from MLB to OLB
Patrick Willis would be a god at freaking CB if he wanted to.
Old 02-15-2009, 10:16 PM   #4
Greatness

utexas's Arena

OVR: 32

did you edit him or just place him on the depth chart?
https://www.facebook.com/thesportspreacher/
https://www.facebook.com/ipreachspor...PAGES_TIMELINE
Old 02-16-2009, 01:49 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 10

I've actually had some weird cases where a guy is better at another position, but it won't let me choose whichever position i want.
this weekend, i noticed a scrub QB my GM invited to camp was rated 2nd highest at Strong Safety! and a scrub TE was rated 3rd highest at DE?? but in both cases i couldn't put them in the depth chart at those positions.
i just got into HC this past week and i'm starting to notice weird stuff like this. still fun though-at least until my teams hit the actual field-friggin' CPU rips me up with the pass.

aaaaaaaaaanyway..........
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2009, 07:41 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 8

^lol, you have to get used to that. I'm using the Patriots and I have Rashean Mathis (95 ovr), Nate Lane (87 ovr), and Antonio Cromartie (88 ovr) as my CBs. I have Rodney Harrison (88 ovr) and Ed Reed (94 ovr) as my safeties. Not to mention Shawne Merriman (93 ovr) Patrick Willis (92 ovr) Keith Rivers (89 ovr) and Adalius Thomas (90 ovr) as my linebackers.

My HC has performance maxed, all linebacker special skills purchased, and 2 of the cornerback special skills purchased. My DC has 4 performance, 5 playcalling, and 4 strategy (he calls the plays). My DB coach has 3 CB special skills purchased. And it seems the worst qb I play against, the worse my defense is. I had no problem beating the Colts and the Broncos, yet when it came to Kellen Clemens and Sage Rosenfels my defense was awful.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:26 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonolith
^lol, you have to get used to that. I'm using the Patriots and I have Rashean Mathis (95 ovr), Nate Lane (87 ovr), and Antonio Cromartie (88 ovr) as my CBs. I have Rodney Harrison (88 ovr) and Ed Reed (94 ovr) as my safeties. Not to mention Shawne Merriman (93 ovr) Patrick Willis (92 ovr) Keith Rivers (89 ovr) and Adalius Thomas (90 ovr) as my linebackers.

My HC has performance maxed, all linebacker special skills purchased, and 2 of the cornerback special skills purchased. My DC has 4 performance, 5 playcalling, and 4 strategy (he calls the plays). My DB coach has 3 CB special skills purchased. And it seems the worst qb I play against, the worse my defense is. I had no problem beating the Colts and the Broncos, yet when it came to Kellen Clemens and Sage Rosenfels my defense was awful.
well that pretty much sucks then. to do all the work in building the team up and then having them get ripped up on the field anyway.
i'll have to adjust my CPU AI even lower/User even higher to avoid the frustration i suppose. gotta find that right balance to make it more realistic. i've had a blast in the offseason but have been turned off once i start the actual games thus far. i'll work on it.

thanks for the info/feedback.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »