Home

Draft Picks Making Roster

This is a discussion on Draft Picks Making Roster within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-12-2009, 11:07 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 26
Draft Picks Making Roster

Do you have any policies relating to draft picks making rosters.
Like do you only draft someone if you know they will make it or draft heaps and see what happens or whats your policy
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2009, 11:17 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: Draft Picks Making Roster

I only draft someone who I know will make it. Whether as a starter, a high potential backup, or trade bait, everyone I draft has a purpose.

I never just blindly draft a guy. If I don't know, I trade my pick
Old 03-12-2009, 11:42 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonolith
I only draft someone who I know will make it. Whether as a starter, a high potential backup, or trade bait, everyone I draft has a purpose.

I never just blindly draft a guy. If I don't know, I trade my pick
My policy is similiar to this. I research and i pick out the guys i want. And ensure i get them, often by reaching but i think its worth it
Old 03-13-2009, 01:30 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 15

If you know you have a guarenteed sleeper late in the draft that you're determined to get, check where he ranks at his position. For example, let's say Leron James is the 11th best RB in the draft, just keep checking how many of the guys ranked ahead of him at RB have yet to be drafted. Once the 10th best guy gets drafted, trade up as quickly as you can. This is how never miss "my" guys.
Old 03-13-2009, 04:28 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

some people draft for a specific reason, or another.

Matt Millen wanted 18 WR from the 1st rd. Everyone has there own philosphy.

Mine is i draft by need. The most successful teams in the league draft on a needs only bases.

But if u dont know about a player...DONT NOT DRAFT HIM. Plain and simple. But i draft backup guys, that when i draft them i say, ur going to be a back up. and then there are the starters/potential starters. Most 1st rd picks, we want on the field right a way. Its the expectations we have of the.

Use the pick the pick feature....i use it for every pick. from the #1 overall pick, to MR. IRRELVANT. Why u ask? That way u can get a sense of what the team on the board is going to draft. If u see a player, inside the top 10 of names, of the best available players, then u trade up and grab him. Chances are that, that team will draft him

I had a draft one year, where it was my pick(Dolphins) and then the Pats. I needed a TE, but the TE i wanted was in later in the draft. I trade down. The pats go ahead, and take the TE I wanted early. Why? im a rival, and they dont want me to get him. So be very smart where u trade, and with whom.

I trade down every chance i get. I save money, and i stock pile picks for this year, or the next. And the cycle would keep going. Cuz then the following year i would do the same. Or i may trade up to get a player i really need or want. Be smart, and trade down.....it really helps.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2009, 04:41 PM   #6
Pro

kwpit79's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyface12188
I had a draft one year, where it was my pick(Dolphins) and then the Pats. I needed a TE, but the TE i wanted was in later in the draft. I trade down. The pats go ahead, and take the TE I wanted early. Why? im a rival, and they dont want me to get him. So be very smart where u trade, and with whom.
Don't mean to burst your bubble, but the game isn't that smart.
Old 03-13-2009, 08:00 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwpit79
Don't mean to burst your bubble, but the game isn't that smart.
Your right....but this has happened numerous times. We all know that the game aint that smart, especially with the things wrong with it. But this has happened for me maybe a dozen times, in different careers. The TE i talked about was cuz he was like a 95 potential. But this has happend with RB, WR, O-Lineman..U get my drift. Think what u want, but thats the only explanation for it that i have. There have been times that lets say for example the Packers are on the clock, my pick is 3 or 4 picks down. I know i want a player, and im certain he will be there at my pick. The pats on a number of times have traded up to get the packers pick, and stole the player i wanted. The Jets i recall have done it at least twice, with a C, and a CB. There are even times where im on the clock, and lets say the Jets or Pats are next after me. I trade down to them, cuz the player i want is not where i should take em. Those teams will take him without hesitation. Especially if its a big need for my team.

I know its happened, and theres no other explanation for it....people might say its just a coincidence...but i dont think it is...
Old 03-14-2009, 01:04 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

I never draft a player that i dont know about. And always draft guys that are high potential and will make the team. As far as gettin my guy, i write down my draft pick number for each round (since im always having 20+ picks a draft i cant remember them all) and before the draft look to see where the guys i want are ranked. Then i write down what round i should be able to get them in and which pick. Works 95% of the time for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »