Home

Leron James & fumbles!!!

This is a discussion on Leron James & fumbles!!! within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-19-2009, 07:24 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Leron James & fumbles!!!

Im in my 3rd season with the Dolphins. And Leron James(RB) has a horrible fumbling issue. Beside the fact that his ball carrying is a 95 rating( in my opinion its pretty dam great), he fumbles. It hasnt cost me any games this season, but his rookie year it did. We still won the superbowl, but it cost us some games.

His first year he had 19 fumbles. 19!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This year, his second, its week 13, and he has...get ready....20. And there are more games to go. Now, i have a great o-line with:
LT-Jake Long, LG- Logan Mankins, C-Samson Satele, RG Patrick Boma, and RT-Javon Jackson.

I have a great RB coack and Offensive coordinator. So idk if its James, the staff, or just a game glitch.

Off this issue alone, ive conteplated not re-signing him when his contract is up. Ive thought through the year, to draft another RB, maybe higher up in the draft then the round i draft Leron(rd.4) But his ability is great. He breaks tackles, has great speed, he can bust a 62 yard TD run with out being touched. Hes a great talent. The fumbles is something imma have to deal with, cuz his production is great.

Anybody else experience this? Let me know...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2009, 07:29 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: Leron James & fumbles!!!

I never did the English path yet, so I never personally used James. But you are definitely not the first one to encounter fumbling problems whilst using James. I've seen multiple people here who have had the same experience.
Old 03-19-2009, 07:30 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonolith
I never did the English path yet, so I never personally used James. But you are definitely not the first one to encounter fumbling problems whilst using James. I've seen multiple people here who have had the same experience.
WOW. I guess its a glitch...or his 95 rating on ball carrying is wrong. But thanks on that...
Old 03-20-2009, 02:33 AM   #4
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Would he happen to be a good WR? Seeing his name obviously reminds me of LBJ. And if anyone knows, he was an exceptional talent at WR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 03-20-2009, 08:03 AM   #5
MVP

BrnwsBucksFanNC's Arena

OVR: 17

The fumbling is one of the things I have seen discussed alot on here. It seems like that is a glitch in the program. I dont remember seeing if the patch fixes it or not. I played a game last night and had 6 fumbles, which was more than normal, but I average about 4 a game. It doesnt seem to matter who the player is for me either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2009, 08:56 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

I'm just starting my third year with Leron James as my primary back and I haven't had fumbling problems. I sub him out when he gets below 85 fatigue usually before that.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:31 AM   #7
Gatekeeper

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Patch fixed the fumbles for me. I see a couple fumbles a game, but a large portion of them get reversed on replay.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:53 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHound
I'm just starting my third year with Leron James as my primary back and I haven't had fumbling problems. I sub him out when he gets below 85 fatigue usually before that.
This is what I found works too. I use Ray Rice. When I sub at 75% fatigue, 5-7 fumbles a year. When I waited until 50%, it was almost three times as many. It's likely something with the fatigue script -vs- the carry logic. To have a good run game, in my experience, you need at least two top quality RB's and a third to eat up a few more carries. Keep them rotating all game long.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »