Home

Players Exceeding Initial Potential?

This is a discussion on Players Exceeding Initial Potential? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-15-2009, 11:11 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 26
Re: Players Exceeding Initial Potential?

How long does potential stay?
Say you draft that 7th round sleeper wr who doesnt play much his first few years.
Does his potential drop slightly
Old 04-16-2009, 11:11 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 4

There is a coaching skill that you can purchase only for you head coach. I purchased it in my previous career, players that had a 93 pot, jumped to 98, veterans with a 85 potential jumped to a 89-91. Also production/performance increases potential. Along with the is the philosophy for his position...
Old 04-16-2009, 12:50 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyface12188
There is a coaching skill that you can purchase only for you head coach. I purchased it in my previous career, players that had a 93 pot, jumped to 98, veterans with a 85 potential jumped to a 89-91. Also production/performance increases potential. Along with the is the philosophy for his position...
Something I've been curious about...
Does the skill provide the Overall boost to all players who ever report to the coach over his career or just roster players at the time you buy the skill?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2009, 02:05 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntoatmeal
Something I've been curious about...
Does the skill provide the Overall boost to all players who ever report to the coach over his career or just roster players at the time you buy the skill?
Its while they are on your team. Because i think the skill is call motivator(i could be wrong), but YOU, the head coach, are motivating YOUR players, so its while they are on your team...i have had great results with this skill.

The skills i buy 1st, are all the skills that are TEAM related. Like the offseason, and regular season semiars, ambition, advanced playbook trainging, charm, charisma, motivator,educator,...e.t.c...you get the picture. I make sure that when it comes to my offensive and defensive coordinators they have the skills i dont have, that relate to there side of the ball. For example on offensive, run block and pass block disipline, and on defense, improved blitzing.....things like that. When it comes to position coaches, i focus more on strength, play learning, and intangibles.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »