Home

No Pressure (My New Season Goals)

This is a discussion on No Pressure (My New Season Goals) within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-30-2009, 11:17 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
No Pressure (My New Season Goals)

In 2017...
Win the Superbowl
Win Coach of the Year
Finish #1 on Def.
Finish #1 on Off.
Win ROY on Off. with a LG.
Win ROY on Def. with a SS.

Thanks guys, no pressure this season...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2009, 11:58 AM   #2
MVP

BrnwsBucksFanNC's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: No Pressure (My New Season Goals)

I feel for you man. I got similar ones...except I just have to finish in the top 10 in defense. Oh...and sign 9 players who if I could have gotten them to sign for the lowest things they wanted would have cost me 68 mil a year!!

The irony...traded one of the guys so I bit the bullet on him...my approval only dropped one and got 5 of the others signed...going to sign 1 more and let the other 2 drop. I am in week 13...10-2...leading the nfc south by 2 games...number 2 defense...but number 26 offense guess I am going to get slammed for that one as well.

I should have known something was up when I didnt have any off-season goals...

Good luck!!
Old 03-30-2009, 12:07 PM   #3
MVP

BrnwsBucksFanNC's Arena

Oh...about the roy stuff. I read the fine print and it says win with any player. Thank goodness because I was told to win with my ss but he is struggling...however I got a lde that I used to replace peppers when I traded him off. Peppers is a great player...but his legs are so bad he can never practice and he wanted a small fortune to resign...anyway...this kid is on a roll as his replacment...he is on the ballot for the pro-bowl. He is my best shot.

I was told to win the offensive with a wr...but my te has 60+ catches for 1500+ yds and 10+ tds through 12 games. I have had some games where he has gotten over 10 catches. He is also on the pro bowl ballot.

Good luck with those ones.
Old 03-30-2009, 01:56 PM   #4
Rookie

Oh yeah, you reminded me... I've got some re-signing goals too.
Greg Jennings WR - He's costing about 8m a yr and is the third best WR on my team. He's gotta be pushing 40 yrs old now.
Tony Pape - My back up LT. He's an 88 overall but the backup to my Uber LT who is a 94/97 pot that I've got some serious $$$ tied up in for the next few years.
I forgot about those resigning because when I saw them, I just laughed and said "uh, no"...

I've usually had the "Finish in the Top 10" goals but never a "Finish #1" much less on both Off. & Def, in the same season. Oh, and win the Superbowl... and Coach of the Year...

I swear I should have Jerry Jones and not Ted Thompson as my GM if we are going to set those kind of goals...

I'm thinking the "Finish with a 90+ Approval" is out the window this year as well.
Old 03-30-2009, 02:40 PM   #5
MVP

BrnwsBucksFanNC's Arena

What team you have? I have the panthers. Dont ask me why since I am a Browns fan (born and bred)...but that team was in such a mess. I guess living in nc and being able to see the panthers every week and only getting to see the browns when they decide to show them (and it always seemed to be a game the browns lost) I have grown to like the panthers. I guess you cant help but to feel a little sorry for them. They always seemed to get soooo close and then stumble. The potential has been there they cant seem to close the deal. It is 2012 and the funny thing is he wants me to win the sb...and we have only won 1 playoff game...a wild card game last year. The year before we made it...but lost in the first round. I promised to win the division..so it will be interesting to see how he responds to me at least doing that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2009, 03:49 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 8

Each owner has his own personality. Some are laid back, while others are demanding. I think it adds to the game.
Old 03-30-2009, 04:22 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrnwsBucksFanNC
What team you have? I have the panthers. Dont ask me why since I am a Browns fan (born and bred)...but that team was in such a mess. I guess living in nc and being able to see the panthers every week and only getting to see the browns when they decide to show them (and it always seemed to be a game the browns lost) I have grown to like the panthers. I guess you cant help but to feel a little sorry for them. They always seemed to get soooo close and then stumble. The potential has been there they cant seem to close the deal. It is 2012 and the funny thing is he wants me to win the sb...and we have only won 1 playoff game...a wild card game last year. The year before we made it...but lost in the first round. I promised to win the division..so it will be interesting to see how he responds to me at least doing that.
The Packers. My Coaching Style is Super Star. My GM? Couldn't tell you... aren't the Packers owned by shareholders? That would mean 100,000 personality types to please each year. That might explain the unreal expectations.
Old 03-30-2009, 04:28 PM   #8
MVP

BrnwsBucksFanNC's Arena

LOL...yea...that would be one personality that would be hard to deal with. I use a "Captain"...have never tried anything else. It seems to match the way I do things in real life...okay...guess that sounds a little weird...but I wanted a personality most like mine so I would have to be constantly trying to figure out what the "game" wanted me to do as opposed to just being me...if that makes sense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »