Home

Jack English Draft

This is a discussion on Jack English Draft within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-05-2009, 01:05 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Jack English Draft

Other notable first round picks that year was Eric Dickerson(best RB ever IMO), Curt Warrner, Bruce Matthew, Jim Covert, Chris Hinton, Leonard Smith, Willie Gault, Gyll Byrd(whos son was drafted this year by the Bills in the second round), Jim Jeffcoat, and Darryl Green. Also the FB everyone is talking about is James Jones who went on to become half of the Lions Running Back by committee group known as the James Gang went 13th overall to Detroit.
2nd round picks included Daryl Talley, Henry Ellard, Vernon Maxwell and Roger Craig.
Later rounds had Charles Mann, Mark Clayton, Richard Dent, Anthony Carter, Karl Mecklenburg. Also players that are now coach's in Gary Kubiak and Mike Mularkey All in all I would say this probably was the best class ever IMO.

Last edited by VoodooChil; 05-05-2009 at 03:04 AM.
Old 05-05-2009, 04:15 PM   #10
Rookie

Chris_Staymates's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooChil
I believe this draft is a replica of the 1983 draft the many consider the best draft ever, and is known as the year of the QB.That year had six QBs taken in the first round three went on to be Hall of Famers, two had good careers and only one was a bust.
Jack English is supposed to be John Elway who went to Stanford and went number one overall to the Baltimore Colts. John however was also picked in the first round of the MLB draft to the Yankess. He told the Colts that he would rather play baseball then for them.The Colts then traded his rights to the Broncos.
Kelly James is Jim Kelly who went 14th overall to the Buffalo Bills(who also had the 12th pick overall and took TE Trent Hunter out of ND who they then traded to the Rams for QB Vince Ferragamo). Kelly told the Bills that he would rather play in the USFL which he did for two years with the Houston Gamblers where he put up ungodly numbers like 5800 passing yards and 55 TDs in a single season, with Hershall Walker as his RB, (Ironically his backup QB was Steve Young who opted to backup Kelly in the USFL rather then play for the Buccaneers). However the Bills eventually got Kelly when the USFL folded in 85.
Moreno is Dan Marino who went to Pitt fell in the draft amid accusations of drug and alcohol abuse he lasted to pick 26( remember it was only a 28 picks per round draft) some conspiracy theorists say it was actually the Dolphins that put these rumors out there so he would fall to them.
The other three QBS where Ken OBrien who had a good career with the Jets where if memory serves me right made two Pro Bowls. Tony Eason to the Patriots who had a good albeit injury plagued career, and the lone bust of the group Todd Blackledge to the Chiefs. I always think it is iroinic because Todd Blackledge is now a Draft Guru with I believe ESPN telling you who the busts are going to be in upcoming drafts, and I wonder if the Chiefs would have liked his crystal ball he has now in 83.
It wasnt just QBs that made this group special it was top to bottom covered with top notch talent. It was the first year that the NFL allowed underclassmen to enter the NFL draft, the influx of underclassmen made this group so deep that Richard Dent went in the 6th round to the Bears and became the cornerstone for the famed 85 Bears Defense and world champions. The NFL repealed the rule the next year allowing only SRs into the 84 draft making that one of the weakest drafts ever. The rule however was reversed again a few years later.
Correct.
Old 05-12-2009, 11:03 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 15

I never had success with Leron James. He seemed fast once he got into the open but he would rarely get through holes, and just was very elusive at all. I had him for 2 years, while I was working up a decent backup HB.

Once the 3rd season came I ended up traded Leron James, and s tarting my backup who DOUBLED the yards and TD's that Leron had. He would break through holes, juke/evade tacklers, and break out nice long runs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2009, 01:52 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

includes all players, started to mark the random name players with an * but never got past the QB's. pretty much the same as demonolith format, just added learning. thought someone else might find this useful.
Attached Files
File Type: rar 2009 English Draft.rar (19.2 KB, 256 views)
Old 07-01-2009, 01:20 PM   #13
Rookie

Has anyone played with Jack English as there QB? How good is this guy. Does he usually get drafted 1st? Is he worth picking?
Old 07-14-2009, 12:38 PM   #14
Rookie

Is there any other good RBs besides Leron James in the English path that standout to anyone?

I havent seen any so far and Im going into the 4th draft. I want to get a good backup for him soon because he is going to get expensive and I'm afraid I'm going to have to trade/cut him. I have FB JB Meyers and TE Storm Stewart and I was thinking about having one of them start at RB also.
Old 01-06-2012, 06:25 PM   #15
MVP

redsrulenc's Arena

OVR: 8

This is an excellet draft guide. It helped me get through my 3 day, 7 hour draft (watching every pick of the PC and drafting my own picks).
Great guide!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2017, 01:31 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 0

Does anyone have English draft classes beyond 2015?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »