Home

OT: Cutler to the Bears

This is a discussion on OT: Cutler to the Bears within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-05-2009, 07:46 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 42
Re: OT: Cutler to the Bears

Just to share my opinions...

"...they made a supreme mistake moving his (Hester) primary position from KR to WR."

Not really.

He caught only 3 tds and his numbers were averageish at WR this year but stats are misleading. His speed and threat alone helped keep D's from overloading the box. From a match up stand point, you can't leave him man to man for any extended time without help from over the top. Hester at WR keeps D's honest.

As for the loss of production at KR, it sucks but if you have a playmaker you try to give them MORE chances at the ball. At WR he has the greater chance to make big plays, and in reality, he was still on the return teams.So from a coaching standpoint, it was a simple choice to make.

--------

"...but they lost quite a bit in giving-up all of those draft picks."

I sort of agree but I think it's a good point that our recent history at picking in the first round has made the loss seem kind of minimal. It's the whole picking "something you know" versus "potential".
Old 04-06-2009, 04:14 PM   #10
MVP

BrnwsBucksFanNC's Arena

OVR: 17

[quote=d_max;2039381173]The game should undervalue Brady Quinn, he hasn't proven anything yet. What's there to value?

I am a Browns fan and have not been a fan of BQ since they gave away half the farm to get him...wasnt that impressed when he was at ND and not that impressed now...

I think the drafting of Thomas was brilliant...but I think that having the highest paid b-up in the nfl has been a waste since we have no idea if he can do what the hype said he "might" be able to do and what do the Browns do now...Anderson has a big contract and so does bq and they still cant put together a good season...
Old 04-06-2009, 07:38 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

I must be stating what I was thinking wrong.

I'm saying Brady Quinn who has, in HC terms, high potential, decent contract...can be had for ONLY a 6th rounderin the game.

Tom Brady would require 2 firsts and an elite player.

IRL Cutler is worth 2 firsts a third and a player. It boggles the mind to me.

Despite a terrible record of drafting in the 1st round over the last 15 years, I still think it's too much to give up for a "star" player who basically griped his way out of town.

I hate that this gives the Donks ammo to retool. But with their off season so far, it's been worth it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2009, 09:00 AM   #12
Rookie

Actually, after reading a post someplace I began to think that maybe the bears actually got a decent deal here, and here is why. Pretty much everyone would say if Cutler were in the draft this year he would be a consensus #1 pick overall which I would agree with that. So, the #1 pick has a value of 3,000 points. Now the bears gave up the 18th pick this year which is worth 900, and their 3rd which is worth 150. I would hope that next year due to having cutler that the bears would be at least marginally better, but for arguments sake lets say they end up exactly the same at 18 next year, and another pick valued at 900 points so thats a total of 1950 points. So, how much is Orton really worth? In order to make the value be higher for Denver then Orton would have to be worthy of a top 10 pick in this years draft which would be way overvaluing a guy who can't hit a receiver past 15 yards downfield. Everyone of course will have their oppinions, and the talk about potential, but in the end the draft is a crapshoot, and the bears made an aggressive move to get a difference maker instead of a roll of the dice.
Old 04-11-2009, 03:27 PM   #13
Rookie

I was able to trade for Cutler (as the Bears). I gave Desmond Clark, a 5th, and next years 4th.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »