Home

Getting back in ... My Tampa Bay Franchise

This is a discussion on Getting back in ... My Tampa Bay Franchise within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-02-2009, 11:40 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Getting back in ... My Tampa Bay Franchise

Howdy all,

I had HC in the Madden Collectors Edition, but my son loaned it out a while back.

Yesterday I found HC 09 at Wally World for 10$ so here I am again. I honestly forgot how much I love this game.=)

Trying to emulate ..somewhat..my Bucs recent moves, I started a new 'chise with a created coach. I picked Ambition for a special skill and boosted my offense and defense a tad.

I started before the draft and proceeded to trade away dang near everyone. For some reason no one wants Luke Petti--stubbedmytoeonIR--gout. Go figure. After many, many, many trades I finally got through my first draft.

I had a plan until a few players for some reason, kept falling. Had to change on the fly.

My draft finished like this:

Round Pick Player Pos Contract ($/years bonus)

1 14 D.Harvey LE 12.00/5 3.00
1 15 D.McFadden HB 11.80/5 2.50
2 5 B.Flowers CB 4.06/4 500k
2 7 C.Campbell RE 2.61/4 500k
2 32 P.Lee CB 2.58/4
3 3 D.Moore DT 1.60/3
3 8 J.Greco RT 1.68/3
3 10 E.Doucet WR 1.79/3
3 11 H.Douglas WR 1.99/3
3 14 K.Lichtensteiger C 1.76/3
3 19 P. Wheeler MLB 1.63/3
3 24 A.Woodson QB 1.67/3
3 30 J.Finley TE 1.73/3
4 1 X.Adibi LOLB 1.45/3
4 2 C.Avril LOLB 1.51/3
4 16 J.Hester FB 1.50/3
4 20 Z.Bowman CB 1.01/3
4 21 H.Burton WR 1.18/3
4 24 K.Johnson SS 1.17/3
4 31 A.Serna K 1.17/3
5 14 A.Larson P 790/3

Recieved DT M.Patterson from Eagles through trade.

Draft Picks for 2009 draft

1st round - None - This is my one and only regret, but with the talent I assembled, I won't dwell on it.=p
2nd - 2
3rd - 2
4th - 1
5th - 1
6th - 1
7th - 2

Cap Status
Team Cap - 54.79
Cap Room - 50.74
Current Penalties - 10.47
Incentives - 0
Next year cap penalties - 4.17

*****Peeking ahead, simming through to next off season, and losing some more high priced players on last years roster, my cap will look like this:

Team Cap - 33.69
Cap Room - 80.42
Current Penalties - 5.37
Incentives - 0
Next year cap penalties - 0

Back to the present, I am "In the hot seat" for my job.

My season promise is to make the playoffs.

If I can win some games and please the owner, it looks like the Bucs will be in solid shape for years to come.

If anyone is interested, I will post updates, if not, thank you for taking the time to check out my post.

Peace=)

***added

I am using the steelers playbook on offense, and the bucs cover 2 on defense.

Thanks for the feedback folks. Yep, I know some..most of my picks will want mega contracts when their rookie deals

I plan on keeping a few, but will more than likely trade em away for picks when they are in their last year.

As for how I got that many picks, I got started by getting the 2nd overall picks for players only. I then traded #2 overall for 5 overall plus a 2nd and 3rd. I then traded the #5 pick for #8 and a more second rounders.

I just kept doing that through the 4th round.

My biggest shock was Mcfadden dropping to #15 overall. I have never seen him drop that far before.

It was a blast=)

My first generated draft has English in it, so I will be looking to move up next draft=p

Peace=)

Last edited by jamy2008; 05-04-2009 at 02:16 AM. Reason: add
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2009, 03:08 PM   #2
Rookie

ST2SC's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Getting back in ... My Tampa Bay Franchise

Dang dude! 21 Draft picks! Jeez who all did you trade/realease????
But for your draft you got some good people and some bad. What are your philosophys?
Old 05-03-2009, 04:12 PM   #3
MVP

BrnwsBucksFanNC's Arena

OVR: 17

WOW...you were able to load up on some talent in that draft!!! I thought I was doing good with 17 picks in my last draft...but I am in my 7th year with the Jets so I had to build up to getting that many. Good numbers on the cap as well. Just be careful when some of those guys start coming up to resign...there are a few there who will want HUGE contracts...I ended up trading some of my talent like that away because I couldnt afford to re-sign all of them.

Good luck.

Oh yea...everybody starts on the hot seat. Use your defining moments to bumpb up your approval during the pre-season games...I would suggest you dont do the "smart" thing on them...do the "popular" thing. So what if you lose the game...you can jack your approval up 20+ points using defining moments. I was on the hot seat all of my first season...until the last 2 weeks...finished the year 7-9 and kept my job.

Last edited by BrnwsBucksFanNC; 05-03-2009 at 04:16 PM. Reason: Added info
Old 05-03-2009, 04:28 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrnwsBucksFanNC
WOW...you were able to load up on some talent in that draft!!! I thought I was doing good with 17 picks in my last draft...but I am in my 7th year with the Jets so I had to build up to getting that many. Good numbers on the cap as well. Just be careful when some of those guys start coming up to resign...there are a few there who will want HUGE contracts...I ended up trading some of my talent like that away because I couldnt afford to re-sign all of them.

Good luck.

Oh yea...everybody starts on the hot seat. Use your defining moments to bumpb up your approval during the pre-season games...I would suggest you dont do the "smart" thing on them...do the "popular" thing. So what if you lose the game...you can jack your approval up 20+ points using defining moments. I was on the hot seat all of my first season...until the last 2 weeks...finished the year 7-9 and kept my job.
How is your career with the Jets?
Old 05-03-2009, 05:18 PM   #5
MVP

BrnwsBucksFanNC's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by claystone
How is your career with the Jets?
Actually it is great. I have won 3 sb's (2 in a row...and looks like I am going to at least make it to the playoffs again...12-0 now). I have been at "unbelievable" since I won the first one. I also have one of the best coaching staffs I have seen. I am at a 67, my oc is 86, dc is 94, my stc is 80, my qbc, rbc, wrc, olc, lbc and trainer are all 99, my dbc is 88, my dlc is 87 and my gm is 80. The last 3 years I have had the goal of keeping my dc and the only person who has left is my trainer. I hope I can keep them around again...but I think at least my wrc will be gone. He has been maxed out with everything for 2 seasons now. I just broke 100 wins as well. I have been coy the last 2 years.

I supersim the games except for my preseason games. I had a couple of close games this year (7-6 and 19-18). But I have had a top 10 defense 3 years in a row (ranked #5 now). I have had 3 shutouts this year as well.

So all in all it looks like things are going to be good again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2009, 03:27 PM   #6
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13

Wow, I'm just starting this game for the first time, but now you have me inspired to load up on some picks prior to the draft. That sounds like fun.
Old 05-06-2009, 01:41 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Welcome storm=)

My first season I went undefeated.

I will make a different thread with spoiler warnings as for how my second draft and start of the season went.

Yes, it is my personal opinion that if you do your homework scouting, draft picks are the way to go.

I signed no free agents in my first season and only signed ghoulston as a free agent in my second season to trade him.

Good luck and as I said, I will post my second draft...it too was a doozy=p

Peace=)
Old 05-06-2009, 01:59 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormJH1
Wow, I'm just starting this game for the first time, but now you have me inspired to load up on some picks prior to the draft. That sounds like fun.
This game has the ability to suck you in and consume a part of your life
NBA - Detroit Pistons
NHL - Washington Capitals
NCAA - Virginia Cavaliers
NCAA - Arkansas Razorbacks
NCAA - Michigan St Spartans

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »