Home

Players Ask for New Contract After Big Year?

This is a discussion on Players Ask for New Contract After Big Year? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-19-2009, 05:03 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Players Ask for New Contract After Big Year?

Do players ever ask for a new contract, while in the middle of an existing contract, after having a big year? I personally haven't seen this yet, but was curious. I hope it is in the game, because it is a big part of the NFL. Otherwise, this game pretty much plays like the NBA as far as salaries go.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2009, 06:40 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Players Ask for New Contract After Big Year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by damonb10
Do players ever ask for a new contract, while in the middle of an existing contract, after having a big year? I personally haven't seen this yet, but was curious. I hope it is in the game, because it is a big part of the NFL. Otherwise, this game pretty much plays like the NBA as far as salaries go.
Ive seen this happen plenty of times. Most recent in my dolphins career, the C Samson Satele, was on his final year, being paid about maybe 850k.(im guessing, but its around there). when it came to re-sign him, he asked for a 6 yr deal, worth close to 40 million. I didnt sign him right away. I franchised him.

But the real issue isnt guys who deserve the money, and ask for it. But its the guys who dont deserve it, and ask for the keys to the stadium

I have had guys, who are backups, ask for 5/6 yr deals, worth between 35-42 million. And they havent done anything. There potential isnt even high enough to keep them around. Its crazy. But all that has to do with the players personality. Some of it might be a glitch...idk if it is or isnt. But its crazy.

There are game breakers where a player will come to you, so you and the player can restructure his contract, to help out the teams cap.

I think i might of misunderstood the question....I understood that the final year of a contract...but i think you meant in the middle of a current contract. But just sharing my insight...
Old 04-19-2009, 07:05 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyface12188
I think i might of misunderstood the question....I understood that the final year of a contract...but i think you meant in the middle of a current contract. But just sharing my insight...
Yeah, I was asking about if a player were in the middle of a contract. I know that all players will seek a new contract in their final year, but was wondering if they would try to get a new larger contract after completing a statistically great year.

This happens all the time in the NFL where a player will be on a small contract, but then have a breakout year. They will almost always ask for a new contract after that season, because nothing is guaranteed in the NFL.

Has anyone seen this happen in the game?
Old 04-19-2009, 08:38 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 26

No i havnt seen it.
Old 04-19-2009, 10:51 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by damonb10
Yeah, I was asking about if a player were in the middle of a contract. I know that all players will seek a new contract in their final year, but was wondering if they would try to get a new larger contract after completing a statistically great year.

This happens all the time in the NFL where a player will be on a small contract, but then have a breakout year. They will almost always ask for a new contract after that season, because nothing is guaranteed in the NFL.

Has anyone seen this happen in the game?
I've seen it. I picked up Aaron Rodgers from the scrap heap (his overall was like low 70's) and he wanted nothing the first time or two, but he went up after playing a game or two (overall to like 80) and all of a sudden wanted like 3 mil.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2009, 11:07 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNFL_FanIQ
I've seen it. I picked up Aaron Rodgers from the scrap heap (his overall was like low 70's) and he wanted nothing the first time or two, but he went up after playing a game or two (overall to like 80) and all of a sudden wanted like 3 mil.
But in your example, it sounds like Rodgers was in the last year of his current contract. I'm talking about someone who has multiple years left and has a great year. Then IN THE OFFSEASON asks for a new more lucrative contract.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:31 AM   #7
MVP

BrnwsBucksFanNC's Arena

OVR: 17

I have never seen that. I have only seen it in the final year of the contract.

As far as the b-ups wanting a huge contract for nothing...do you have the patch? I used to get that all of the time but after I downloaded the patch I havent seen it anymore (unless you want to count Sorgi who was my 3rd string qb wanting 2 mil/2 yrs after being inactive for every game for the previous 2 years!!)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »