Home

EXPERT HELP NEEDED???

This is a discussion on EXPERT HELP NEEDED??? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-30-2009, 11:00 AM   #1
Pro

edward_1385's Arena

OVR: 12
Icon5 EXPERT HELP NEEDED???

Hey there I am a first time poster, but a reader since Aug. 12th... I have two questions for you all...

Question #1: On choosing position philosophies, do u think that since a playbook is named after a head coach or a coordinator, then u should use thiers... For instance on the Ravens, Rex Ryan's 46 playbook he believes in run stopper DE, prototype DT, pass rusher/3-4 blitzer OLB, power/blitzer MLB, man coverage/ballhawk CB, centerfield FS, and run support/big hitter SS... But the GM has verstile/3-4 DE, run stopper DT, pass rusher/3-4 blitzer OLB, and prototype MLB, CB, FS, and SS... I know that the prima guide and most fellow coaches say use the team philosophies, but I think it should be the persons who u are using their playbook... Any suggestions would be nice...

Question #2: I am looking for a certain future 50 player to build my team around, he is the 6'5" 275lb MLB named Vince McGrady... The reason is he is compared to my favorite defensive player "Ray Lewis" and he is also named after my favorite basketball player "Vince Carter" and his cousin "Tracy McGrady"... What I would like to know is what draft path he is in and what year is he in, also about where he goes, beginning, middle, or end of that round...

Sorry for the long post, just wanted to make sure everyone understood my questions...
(sorry for any grammer mistakes, wasn't that good in english class)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2009, 11:08 AM   #2
Rookie

Chris_Staymates's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: EXPERT HELP NEEDED???

Quote:
Originally Posted by edward_1385
Question #1
The playbook names are just that, names. Our production department watches film of NFL and puts together those playbooks based on the plays that the teams run / coaches call during the season. If you are creating your own coach, or even if you are starting from an existing coach, I would recommend choosing a play book to match your style rather than your name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edward_1385
Question #2
The draft classes are for the most part random (except for the first few as I remember) so your guy could come up anytime. Admitably I'm probably not the best to comment here. One of the forum guys should be able to help you out.
Old 04-30-2009, 11:19 AM   #3
Pro

edward_1385's Arena

I understand what u mean about question #1, but what i was wondering is picking position philosophies, I use the ravens, with a new created head coach, but i keep the playbooks... So should i set the philosophies to rex's or keep them default as the GM, since it really isn't his playbook...

For example in the 46 formation the free saftey plays centerfield while the strong saftey plays close to line of scrimmage to help in run support, like rex's philospy, but the Gm's are prototypes???
Old 04-30-2009, 12:07 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 7

McGrady is a beast.
Spoiler
Old 04-30-2009, 12:21 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

Well u are the head coach. U have to pick the direction that u want your team to go. I dont use the default settings. I have my own direction i want to go in. I suggest you do that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2009, 12:26 PM   #6
MVP

BrnwsBucksFanNC's Arena

OVR: 17

Just curious...but arent those original settings when you start a new coach just default settings? I have started a couple of different teams and they seem to all be the same. Who knows...maybe I am not paying that close of attention because I know what I want to set mine at.
Old 04-30-2009, 12:56 PM   #7
Pro

edward_1385's Arena

babyface i understand what u are saying, and brwnbucksfannc what i mean is i know that the created coach is set with basicily the spread offense in mind but what i ment by philospy was when it ask at the beginning of ur career to set the team philospy like giving up control and trade frequency and value draft picks it also gives u a chance to change each position philospy and i want to make sure i find the right fit for rex ryans defense so my question was do i use his philospy under his coach card or should i keep it with the gms philospy, because i hate to draft a cb who can't cover man to man or a fs who can't play the middle of the field or a ss who can't hit like a lb...
Old 04-30-2009, 12:58 PM   #8
Pro

edward_1385's Arena

gbeazy, u wouldn't happen to know what year is in like 2009, 2012... u wouldn't also happen to know the round he is in and where he goes in that round???

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »