Home

Just bought this game and having issues winning

This is a discussion on Just bought this game and having issues winning within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 05-03-2009, 09:39 PM   #1
Pro

OpusX910's Arena

OVR: 7
Just bought this game and having issues winning

I'm assuming there must be something im doing glaringly wrong, so I was wondering if some of you could help me with my new coach. MY old coach got fired by four teams and only made playoffs once in ten seasons, yet my team was always very good ratings wise. So, im assuming it has to do with my coaches abilities (I made a created coach to start) and playbook.

Anyway, what are some good pointers to get started on the right track?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2009, 11:00 PM   #2
All Star

rdnk's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Just bought this game and having issues winning

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpusX910
I'm assuming there must be something I'm doing glaringly wrong, so I was wondering if some of you could help me with my new coach. MY old coach got fired by four teams and only made playoffs once in ten seasons, yet my team was always very good ratings wise. So, I'm assuming it has to do with my coaches abilities (I made a created coach to start) and playbook.

Anyway, what are some good pointers to get started on the right track?
How good are your position coaches? Do you sim or play the games? What are you philosophies and playbooks?
Old 05-04-2009, 12:08 AM   #3
Pro

OpusX910's Arena

OVR: 7

well...im starting over cuz i got forced into retirement, so i dont know about my position coaches until i start up again...what would you suggest for playbooks and philosophies? I was playing the games at first, but got frustrated after my reciver kept dropping pass after pass and started super simming...what would you recommend for my new game?
Old 05-04-2009, 08:50 AM   #4
MVP

BrnwsBucksFanNC's Arena

OVR: 17

Couple of things...

1. Pick a playbook you like...if you change them there will be a learning curve for your players. Pick certain plays and run them until they get at least "learned" during the preseason. Dont worry about winning the preseason games...use it as a time to learn the plays. Go through and get rid of the plays that dont work. I had some that even though they were "mastered" the success rate was 4% and we lost yards...dump them.

2. Pick philosophies carefully and recruit to meet them.

3. If you start with a team that isnt good...be prepared for them to struggle with you as well. My teams are lucky if we go .500 during the first season or 2.

4. Us the fa sparingly...it uses a lot of money...if you research the draft well...you can normally rebuild through it.

Good luck.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »