Home

NFL Head Coach 09 is an Underrated Sleeper

This is a discussion on NFL Head Coach 09 is an Underrated Sleeper within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-07-2009, 02:01 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
NFL Head Coach 09 is an Underrated Sleeper

It is a good time to be a sports fan. I mean just look at the sports calendar -- we are a month into the MLB season, the NBA and NHL Playoffs are in full swing, and there is also a litany of soccer, MMA, boxing, tennis, golf, F1, NASCAR and yes, even horse-racing events going on as well.

But even though all these events are going on, I have been ignoring my copies of NHL 09, NBA 2K9 and FIFA 09. The current sports season dictates that I should be digging into those titles right now, but I have not touched them at all lately, not one bit. Instead, I have spent the last few weeks playing NFL Head Coach 09, a game about a sport that ended play months ago. So why this game, what makes it so unique?

Read More - NFL Head Coach 09 is an Underrated Sleeper
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2009, 02:24 PM   #2
Rookie

Vermin's Arena

OVR: 8
A very well written perspective. I haven't touched much of HC 09 in months, but now I'm feeling the itch to get back in there and try to make my Chiefs respectable again.
Old 05-07-2009, 02:26 PM   #3
MVP

boxboy99's Arena

OVR: 23
I did really like the game. I havn't played a ton, because I had to restart my career twice. The first time was before the injury bug was discovered and the second time is because I accidently deleted my Xbox profile and lost all my game saves....... that was a nightmear. Anyways just havn't found the heart or time to start for a 3rd time. I really loved all the off the gridiron stuff in the game, but the in game elements were pretty rough. I really didn't care for the playcalling/subs interface. The games were fun but the out of game stuff was better. Sometimes it just felt like I was watching electronic football. I wish the game planning let me pick the plays I wanted to work on, I didn't like that I could pick my top 5 run defense play but maybe those were all good and I really wanted to develop the next 5 plays but didn't really have a way to without taking a risk and calling them in the game. Overall this is a great game though. Your thoughts are dead on. I really hope they make another head coach at some point or they intergrate most of this into Madden and give us a coach mode. This game just needs a couple more tweaks and it would be an excellent game, right now I would say it is very good.
Old 05-07-2009, 03:12 PM   #4
Producer - EA Sports

Bumble14's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: NFL Head Coach 09 is an Underrated Sleeper

In a perfect world Madden 10's dynasty would be just as deep and well thought out as HC 09.

We can only dream.
Old 05-07-2009, 03:19 PM   #5
Rookie

The Clairvoyant's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NFL Head Coach 09 is an Underrated Sleeper

I remember last summer when I saw a preview of NFL Head Coach 09 at IGN.com, I said to my self this thing is not going to work, man I was wrong, very wrong.

I downloaded the demo on xbox live to just see if was any good, I loved the demo, Since that moment I was hooked to this game. This game is the most addicting and fun sports game that I’ve ever played, kudos for Donny Moore and Josh Looman.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2009, 03:49 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 18
The game is like crack, and I played it pretty hardcore all of football season into March. I stopped for a month, but of course I'm back to being addicted after the draft came.
Old 05-07-2009, 04:13 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 34
Im thinking of picking up a copy..ill download the demo first though
Old 05-07-2009, 04:50 PM   #8
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
I think the reason the replays are limited (is there even a replay option) is because if you really are the Head Coach, you don't have access to that stuff during the game, aside from watching the Jumbo-Tron between plays.

What would be cool is if you could save plays that worked and didn't work and then during week go back and watch the clips to see what happened.

I bought this game on a whim a couple of months ago and really love it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »