Home

Recap On My Bucs/SPOILER Needed

This is a discussion on Recap On My Bucs/SPOILER Needed within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 05-10-2009, 01:20 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Recap On My Bucs/SPOILER Needed

Well, I recently started a Bucs franchise and I simmed the whole first season. I won every single game and I lost purposely in the Super Bowl just for the heck of it. Im not sure how my Bucs team was so dominating but Jeff Garcia was amazing. I also got Willie Parker (trade), Donte Stallworth(FA), Donnie Avery(2nd Rd. pick), DeSean Jackson(3rd Rd. Pick), Heath Miller(trade), and Jeff Faine(FA) in the first off season for the offensive side. Also had a incredible erruption at LT with Tra Fawcett. This 6'11", 361LB beast was a non-roster training camp invitee and ended up in the probowl at the end of the year and only allowed 1 sack in 19 GS. On the defensive side I ended up with Antwan Odom(FA), Dre Moore(4th Rd. Pick), Rasean Mathis(Trade), and Chris Horton(UDFA). Also, for the bench I got QB Josh Johnson, RB Xavier Omon, WR Kevin Robinson, DE Chris Harrington, and MLB Philip Wheeler. In this draft, I acquired ALOT of 2009 picks and in 2009 I am set to have 13 picks.

I just finished the 2009 draft and came out with an incredible draft I believe. I did not resign Jeff Garcia and I tried to do a realistic trade. I gave up a early 3rd and 4th I acquired in the previous draft for QB Jake Delhomme, whos contract expires the next year. I figure he will be a one year replacement and I would get my QB in the 2009 draft. I tried so hard to trade up from #31 to get QB Joe Kain but it was impossible. He ended up at #2 with the Bears. Later in the first round, somehow RB Ozzie Jones dropped to #18. I really did not have a huge need and I noticed the Bucs used my back up RB's alot during the season when I simmed it. So I went ahead and traded #31, a 3rd, and a 4th to trade up to #18 and I picked up Ozzie Jones. Him and Willie Parker should dominate with my NFL best offensive line.

In the fourth round, I picked up LT Craig Howard just because I thought he was the best player available, and no one wanted to trade for my pick. Fifth round, I picked WR Trent Page, who I also thought was the best player available. I have pretty much nothing outside of Stallworth, Avery, and Jackson so I thought it was a good pick. Round 6 I picked RE Marcus Scott, RG Ronnie Givens, and C Darius Lockett. Round 7 I picked up WR LeRon Sherry, WR Junior Lacy, SS Jordan McGrath, ROLB Amos Page, and CB Melvin Seeley. In UDFA I picked up QB Makiri Luke, QB British Parker, WR Justin Wyatt, LG Senario Warrick, and LOLB Ralph Rice.

Now, I need a spoiler for the 2010 draft. Is there any chance a franchise QB will be available? That will basically by my #1 priority for that draft.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2009, 04:10 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Recap On My Bucs/SPOILER Needed

Your team was dominant because of all the trades and pick-up you did for the team, as well as the fact that TB has some very good assistant coaches.

As far as QB's go,
Spoiler

The weight thing is the reason I don't play this draft path. After two or three years, you start seeing 4-500 pound QB's, WR's and DB's all over the league. The player models don't line up right with the weights the players should have. It just kills all realism for me, but if you sim, it shouldn't be a factor either way anyway. Wish I could help you out more, but as I said, I'm not as familiar with this path as I am with the others.
Old 05-10-2009, 11:28 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Oh man, that weight thing might get on my nerves. Well thanks for the heads up anyway.
Old 05-10-2009, 12:19 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

well, one of the "NFL fun facts", or something like that, in the Prima guide, said that in the past 20 years players have gotten much heavier and stronger. maybe the weight gain stuff is just continuing the trend
Old 05-10-2009, 02:01 PM   #5
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

The 2nd year of the Ozzie Jones path has Hurst which is a franchise QB. He'll go #1 or #2. There's 1 other guy in there that they compare to Donovan McNabb. He's from a smaller school but he's still ranked like #3 in the class I believe. His initials are TT i just don't remember the name. And I ended up picking up a guy with the last name Guy in the 6th round with 87 potential in that draft and 87 learning as well i believe. only 6'0" tho.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2009, 05:28 PM   #6
Pro

moblipeg's Arena

OVR: 6

His name is Talon Tolliver QB from San Diego St. and he's pretty good.
Old 05-10-2009, 07:30 PM   #7
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by moblipeg
His name is Talon Tolliver QB from San Diego St. and he's pretty good.
yeah that one. i ended up not having a 1st round pick for that draft but desperately needed a qb cuz matt leinart wasn't getting it done and the eagles offered me kevin kolb. best move i've ever made. got him for a 3rd or 4th round pick and he's playing MVP caliber football for me. i'm gonna have 2 franchise tag him though which is gonna hurt my cap
Old 05-13-2009, 02:33 PM   #8
Rookie

MR.RANDOM's Arena

OVR: 6

use josh johnson! when i used the bucs he started every game for 15 seasons winning 4 super bowls. never got higher then a 95 ovr.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »