Home

Weird injury behavior

This is a discussion on Weird injury behavior within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2009, 09:24 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Weird injury behavior

I dont know if this is all that odd, but it seems really strange to me. Here is the situation. I am in my 3rd season as patriots head coach and My GM just forced me to resign R. Seymour to a long term deal and I did, but he seems to be stuck about about 50% health( hey , just like real life!!!). I deactivate him all week, but come game day , he is active and unless I deactive him, he plays at 50% health. The looks of it are that his legs are shot. one is 20% and the other is around 15%. He has an icon near his name of the two crutches...How is the trainer still allowing him on the field? and can he come back from this sort of injury in the off season. I have benched him for several weeks and the numbers do not seem to be improving. I kind of wonder if I should keep him in games untill he is injured...but I dont want to have a dead player on my roster. Any suggestions on what to do with this and is this a bug?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2009, 11:54 AM   #2
MVP

BrnwsBucksFanNC's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Weird injury behavior

Quote:
Originally Posted by csyoungiv
I dont know if this is all that odd, but it seems really strange to me. Here is the situation. I am in my 3rd season as patriots head coach and My GM just forced me to resign R. Seymour to a long term deal and I did, but he seems to be stuck about about 50% health( hey , just like real life!!!). I deactivate him all week, but come game day , he is active and unless I deactive him, he plays at 50% health. The looks of it are that his legs are shot. one is 20% and the other is around 15%. He has an icon near his name of the two crutches...How is the trainer still allowing him on the field? and can he come back from this sort of injury in the off season. I have benched him for several weeks and the numbers do not seem to be improving. I kind of wonder if I should keep him in games untill he is injured...but I dont want to have a dead player on my roster. Any suggestions on what to do with this and is this a bug?

A couple of things...you dont always have to re-sign those players. If you look at the negatives for not accomplishing that goal it isnt that bad. So even tho he wants you to...you dont have to do it. Did it tell you what the injury was or is it just where he is all of the time? If that is standard for him you probably wont be able to get him completely healthy in the off season unless you get a game changer. He may recover...but will have a greater chance of the injury reaccuring. The crutches mean he is injured but not on the injury report. Finally...what is the skill of your trainer? That can have a major impact there as well.
Old 05-13-2009, 01:37 PM   #3
Rookie

No, there has been no notice of the injury at all...but his legs are definitly shot, but he seems to be able to play through it. I dont remember him being like this the whole season...and he was definitly not hurt when I resigned him in the previous season. I will look at my trainer when I get home today.
I just was curious if someone can come back from this...but it sounds like poor richard may be traded in this off season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrnwsBucksFanNC
A couple of things...you dont always have to re-sign those players. If you look at the negatives for not accomplishing that goal it isnt that bad. So even tho he wants you to...you dont have to do it. Did it tell you what the injury was or is it just where he is all of the time? If that is standard for him you probably wont be able to get him completely healthy in the off season unless you get a game changer. He may recover...but will have a greater chance of the injury reaccuring. The crutches mean he is injured but not on the injury report. Finally...what is the skill of your trainer? That can have a major impact there as well.
Old 05-13-2009, 04:54 PM   #4
MVP

BrnwsBucksFanNC's Arena

OVR: 17

I have the same issue with McGinest. His leg is at 21% and no idea what happened. My trainer is crap though and McGinest is 34...so he is going to be traded as well.
Old 05-13-2009, 07:34 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 26

IRL some playerd hardly train and still play
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2009, 08:16 AM   #6
Rookie

I guess that the only thing I can hope for is that some team will not do its due diligence and look at his medical report. As a DE he is still a monster on paper(93 pot)...and is even better as a OLB in a 4-3 alignment. His bonus due will be around 3.5 mil...so I will have to trade him after the draft as I dont think I can take that kind of hit on next years numbers right now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »