Home

Try this slider set.

This is a discussion on Try this slider set. within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-22-2009, 09:05 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: Try this slider set.

Nope. 35/35 for QB is the way to go. 30/30 doesn't work with these sliders. 35/35 does.
Old 05-22-2009, 09:50 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 5

im gonna try these sliders later tonite

do you call the plays or let your coordinators call the plays?
Old 05-22-2009, 11:12 PM   #11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillNyeTheScienceGuy
im gonna try these sliders later tonite

do you call the plays or let your coordinators call the plays?

I let my DC call the Defensive plays. On Offense i hit "As Coach" then i'll choose from the 5 choices they give me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2009, 12:45 PM   #12
Rookie

coachchris's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by claystone
Guys, tell me what you think about this slider set. Yes, i have a set posted in the slider forum, but i was playing around with these the other day and i like to see what you guys think. It works better in your 2nd season on.

Post your game stats after using these. Also let me know how you like the running game. Let me know what you like and don't like.

AI SETTINGS

User/Cpu

QB Awareness: 35/35
Pass Blocking: 0/0
WR Catching: 0/0
RB Ability: 35/35
Run Blocking 0/0

Awareness: 0/0
Knockdowns: 0/0
Interceptions: 0/0
Break Block: 0/0
Tackling: 0/0

FG Power: 35/35
FG Accuracy: 35/35
Punt Power: 35/35
Punt Accuracy: 35/35
Kickoff Power: 35/35

ALL PENALTIES SLIDERS SET TO (53)
Hey Claystone,

Thanks for these. I tested these last night in some coach now games and I really like the feel of the game as everything seems to be much crisper. The RB get to the hole and punches though and the OL/Dl interaction seems better.

The issue I had at least in coach now was the offenses and QB's especially were unstoppable. I used NO and Dal and let the coaches call the plays and both Brees and Romo had over 350 yrds and 4/5 td's at halftime. So I switched to OAk and KC and Russell and Croyle started fligin it all over the field.

Does this change in career mode?

I did test the same sliders with the Qb's at 25 and Rb's at 30 in coach now and the numbers did come down some but the QB's still looked too good.

I have been playing around with my own set for the past month in my career modes but still cant get a set I really like.

My issues are slowing down the passing attack. It doesn't seem to matter what defensive scheme I use the CPU teams just rack up the passing yards.

The second is trying to get a pass rush without sending the house every time. I like the interaction between the OL/DL with this set as I saw much better moves by DL defeating some pass blocks rather than just sitting there dancing for 10 seconds getting nowhere letting the QB throw it all over.

I will test some more in career and let you know what I find.
Old 05-27-2009, 04:06 PM   #13
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachchris
Hey Claystone,

Thanks for these. I tested these last night in some coach now games and I really like the feel of the game as everything seems to be much crisper. The RB get to the hole and punches though and the OL/Dl interaction seems better.

The issue I had at least in coach now was the offenses and QB's especially were unstoppable. I used NO and Dal and let the coaches call the plays and both Brees and Romo had over 350 yrds and 4/5 td's at halftime. So I switched to OAk and KC and Russell and Croyle started fligin it all over the field.

Does this change in career mode?

I did test the same sliders with the Qb's at 25 and Rb's at 30 in coach now and the numbers did come down some but the QB's still looked too good.

I have been playing around with my own set for the past month in my career modes but still cant get a set I really like.

My issues are slowing down the passing attack. It doesn't seem to matter what defensive scheme I use the CPU teams just rack up the passing yards.

The second is trying to get a pass rush without sending the house every time. I like the interaction between the OL/DL with this set as I saw much better moves by DL defeating some pass blocks rather than just sitting there dancing for 10 seconds getting nowhere letting the QB throw it all over.

I will test some more in career and let you know what I find.
When you play in "Coach Now", the sliders play much different. You have to play them in Franchise Mode. They work much better in year 2nd and beyond.

25 for QB is way too low. Try using the sliders in franchise. I went up against P. Manning and at the end of the game he had a completion of 62%. 35/35 is the way too go. Also keep all penalties set to 53.

Even though i have my other slider set i perfer these over my original.

I hope this helps.
Old 05-27-2009, 05:36 PM   #14
Rookie

coachchris's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
When you play in "Coach Now", the sliders play much different. You have to play them in Franchise Mode. They work much better in year 2nd and beyond.

25 for QB is way too low. Try using the sliders in franchise. I went up against P. Manning and at the end of the game he had a completion of 62%. 35/35 is the way too go. Also keep all penalties set to 53.

I hope this helps.
Yeah it helps thanks.

I just wanted to post some stats from a game I completed using these except I had QB at 22 and HB at 30.

These are from year 2 chise Clev @ Tex (me) Coordinators making all calls

Shaub 15-23 65% 299 Yds 2 TD 2 Int 101.2 rting
Anderdson 17-31 54% 224 Yds 2 TD 1 Int 85.9 rting

Slaton 27-104 yds 3.8 ypc 1TD
K.Jones 23-34 yds 1.4 ypc 0TD

This was actually the best game I have played as far as how it looked on the field. Both Qb's made some really good throws and some bad ones. I as Tex have a pretty stacked defense as I concentrated on that in the draft and FA.

I will post more when I get a chance but I really didnt think it was that far off. Obviously I need to move the RB's back to 35 and probably the qb's as well but I am going to try a few games with qb's at 25 or 30 to see if there is any difference. Looking at the numbers at QB 22 Shaub's are fine and I can think of 4-6 passes that Clev receivers dropped because of hits by my crazy LB's.
Old 05-27-2009, 08:05 PM   #15
Rookie

KensaiKatai's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:

I hope this helps.

really clay you like these more than your original?? man now i goootta try em..i was doing pretty good with your rba 95s but that running back going backwards thing killllls me....do you recommend i make the switch? does this set play the most realistic for you overall? how many games have you tested with these?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2009, 10:15 PM   #16
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KensaiKatai
really clay you like these more than your original?? man now i goootta try em..i was doing pretty good with your rba 95s but that running back going backwards thing killllls me....do you recommend i make the switch? does this set play the most realistic for you overall? how many games have you tested with these?
LOL, yes i really do like these more. Sorry for the confusion...lol.

I've played around 10 games so far and its been sharp. If you watch the HB run the ball, he twist and turns while being tackle. Also i had my HB jump over a player running up the middle.

My originals are fine, but for me these are better. More realistic that i can get with this game.

Have fun.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »