Home

Replace or Build Up Coaching Staff?

This is a discussion on Replace or Build Up Coaching Staff? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-02-2009, 01:44 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Replace or Build Up Coaching Staff?

I use the Redskins and we have pretty good talent on the team, but the coaching staff is pretty much garbage....aside from HB Coach Stump Mitchell and DB Coach Jerry Gray....is it's best to replace coaches that are low rated with higher rated coaches...or try to build up the weak coaches to your liking....because the owner wants to win now...and it kinda hard keeping your job especially when all the other teams in the NFC East are monsters.......
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2009, 05:44 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Replace or Build Up Coaching Staff?

Quote:
Originally Posted by teshia1
I use the Redskins and we have pretty good talent on the team, but the coaching staff is pretty much garbage....aside from HB Coach Stump Mitchell and DB Coach Jerry Gray....is it's best to replace coaches that are low rated with higher rated coaches...or try to build up the weak coaches to your liking....because the owner wants to win now...and it kinda hard keeping your job especially when all the other teams in the NFC East are monsters.......
I look at their potentials.

here's the problem. In your first year you're probably not going to have the coaches you want. Maybe some but not all. So if you make the playoffs you're pretty much screwed. The best coaches almost always get signed during the playoffs.

so in your first year it's usually a good idea to miss the playoffs so you can dump the guys you don't want to keep, and sign the talented guys.

My first year I sucked. So I cleaned house. However, I didn't come across a lot of coaches that i really liked, or the really good ones wanted too much control. I promoted my OC, and DC, from within because I wanted all the control, and the guys I promoted had really high potential.

Problem is, the guys that I ended up signing didn't have high potentials. I ended up winning the superbowl in year two. So there were no good coaches available once my season was over, so I couldn't fire the guys with bad potentials. This year I've been building them all up. My QB coach is rated 99, but is maxed out at like level 3 in a lot of areas. I can't improve him anymore, and I don't like how low his potential is, because he's not getting any better, and won't. I have like 20,000 in points to spend for him, but he has nothing left to buy.

I have a lot of guys who's Potential is only around level 3 in a lot of areas. So I'd rather build up a guy that's a level 2 but will get to level 5. Instead I have a lot of guys that are level 3 that are maxed or will only get to level 4. I can't sign anyone that's better. However, I decided if it ain't broke, don't fix it. So since I went 18-1 with the guys I have, I should only get better after I've improved those guys. So far they've all improved, and still have room for improvement, with the exception of my QB coach, so I can't complain.

My fear is the guys I like will jump ship to take head coaching jobs. Then I'll be stuck with trash that no one wanted after a deep run in the playoffs. Which I hear has happened to other people.

If you sign guys that are "Loyal" that's not as big as a problem I guess.

Last edited by DocBean; 06-02-2009 at 05:47 PM.
Old 06-03-2009, 10:23 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 26

Depends how much development room they have. If they can be developed i think thats the best choice
Old 06-03-2009, 10:30 PM   #4
All Star

rdnk's Arena

OVR: 22

I agree. If they don't have a lot of potential, I'd can them. Especially if you get somewhere in the playoffs, it can be difficult to get good staff.
Old 06-03-2009, 11:02 PM   #5
Rookie

ST2SC's Arena

OVR: 4

i usually get coaches who have good performance (in the level 4 to level 5 range) so i usually replace alot of the time
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »