Home

Most Important Wr Rating

This is a discussion on Most Important Wr Rating within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-02-2009, 08:07 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 26
Most Important Wr Rating

In terms of making the catch and holding the ball to complete the catch whats the most important rating
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2009, 08:12 PM   #2
WAT

Mr. Franchise's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Most Important Wr Rating

Catch in traffic.
Old 06-02-2009, 09:03 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 18

I really wonder. I've had guys with great catch drop it every time they are touched. I had a guy with 95 CIT who drops it everytime they are touched, and the guy with the LOWEST CIT on my team and middle of the road CTH and SPEC CTH is the only guy that DOESN'T DROP it.

Which leads me to Release, which is the stat he is higher than everyone else. It makes no sense, but I wouldn't put it past EA to have somewhat F'd up the ratings.
Old 06-03-2009, 09:12 PM   #4
Rookie

ST2SC's Arena

OVR: 4

if a guy usually drops it after he gets hit is probably due to his carrying (CAR) being low. I usually look at their SPD, AGI, ACC, CAT, CAR, and AWR. the rest, like his release, special catch, catch in traffic, just reflect these stats.
Old 06-03-2009, 10:20 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 26

IMO carrying was about fumbling when in possesion of the ball not trying to obtain possesion (catching)
But could be right
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2009, 09:53 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

In my game i have found that awarness is the most important. I have had mixed rusults with spectacular catch. My TE greg olson has a 79 for spectacular catch yet he seems to be able to catcha anything! Yesterday he caught four passes and each time he caught it with a leaping one hand catch.
Old 06-05-2009, 12:03 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

I always thought it was tied within with release, but I think it teams up with the overall catch rating, plus the second rating and what offense you used....so like West Coast...I thought would be Catch, Catch In Traffic & Release.....so like a Vertical would be release, catch & spectacular catch....
Old 06-07-2009, 04:16 PM   #8
Rookie

KensaiKatai's Arena

OVR: 8

catch in traffic is most important for the slot reciever...(my team has horrible recievers but i'll explain later)

the rest of the ratings depend on the type of offense you use..

i would assume if you go deep a lot speed would be very important as well as acceleration..etc etc., one of the reasons i love this game is because balanced playcalling determines a lot in terms of the success your passing offense will have, NOT just ratings

i personally go for the biggest freaks with the most speed but hey i'm the raiders and i draft like al davis so what do i know

i use the speed philosophy and as it stands right now i'm using chaz schilens (got him up to an 81) todd watkins (got him up to an 86) and Johnnie Lee Higgens (got him up to an 86), javon walker has regressed to a 76 and is my 4th wr because i can't afford to cut him....

jamarcus is up to an 84 and i've won two straight super bowls in my first two years(wasn't easy trying to mantain as much as the RL team as possible ) and i'm just starting my 3rd year and i used claystone's 95rba sliders my first year and in the second year i used claystone's latest sliders....both years finished 12-4, i don't sim

...i love this game. because really how well your receivers do is pretty much entirely up to you.

(sorry for the rant )

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »