Home

Run and Shoot

This is a discussion on Run and Shoot within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2009, 12:36 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Run and Shoot

I am running the run and shoot. My basic formation is in Shotgun. I have great success in passing the ball but not so much in the run game. Obviously I have mastered the draw play and my running back is ozzie jones. My backups is Clinton Portis and Darren Sproles.

Since you cant audible in the game. I cant implement the run and shoot philosophy. If there is 5 or less in the box audible to a run but I also dont know how to balance the run game in this system. Does anyone have any suggestions on when to call a run in a run and shoot offense in this game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2009, 03:11 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Run and Shoot

my advice is to shoot and forget about the run. I use the run and shoot and only run when I get bored, its too entertaining to see Drew Brees throwing to Colston, Calvin Johnson, Mario Manningham, Deshean Jackson, and Reggie Bush. That said, to run in the run and shoot you need two basic things, 1) A great OL (I just buy the best one in FA, Gross, Andrews, Faine, Noll) and 2) A running back with ball carrier vision that is 85+. I have a 20 year old randomly generated rookie with zero physical skills but a 89 in vision, and he gets 5.5 YPC at week 10, averaging about 10 carries a game. I only run on second and 3rd down which seems to help also.

Another important thing when going run and shoot is to know what defense you are playing, against cover 2 you can run up the gut with geat success, but I find that man cover Defenses perform a bit better. Also, running from ACE seems to work better than shotgun, and dont forget about the jet sweeps if you have a burner in the slot.
Old 06-03-2009, 03:13 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Run and Shoot

Without audibles, that system can't really work properly. The are a few plays that allow the QB to either hand it off to his RB or throw. I'm not really sure if whether the QB hands it off or keeps it is based on any logic, but it's worth a try. What I would suggest is to find that play (It's called PA QB Choice or something like that) and just tinker around in the play editor with different routes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »