Home

Gameplanning Suggestions/Tips?

This is a discussion on Gameplanning Suggestions/Tips? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-05-2009, 09:59 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 10
Gameplanning Suggestions/Tips?

Does anyone have any tips or suggestions on gameplanning during the regular season?

It seems like such a crapshoot. Because I enjoy the off-season and the roster moves, I almost exclusively sim the games. So when I gameplan I tend to use "Train Players" as often as I can, focusing on the units whose coaches might be the weakest.

However, when I don't have any "Train Players" options, I try to boost plays, but it all seems like it's a guessing game.

Anyone care to share gameplanning strategies?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2009, 10:15 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Gameplanning Suggestions/Tips?

For my defensive i always pick "boost the abilities of your OLBs" since my LOLB and ROLB were 60 and 55 ovr.

For offensive i either boost the abilities of my HB or QB but i never do both because i also like boosting the abilities of my d line.
Old 06-05-2009, 10:36 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

I take "Blitz the QB" whenever I see it. I usually results in a win for me.
Old 06-05-2009, 11:15 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 10

My DB coach and OL coach are the lowest-ratwed, so I try to train them whenever I can. The challenge is that those particular options don't always appear. So should I try and train another unit, boost a play, stop a play or focus on one specific play. (That one always seems like a waste of practice to me.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slacker2
For my defensive i always pick "boost the abilities of your OLBs" since my LOLB and ROLB were 60 and 55 ovr.
Which brings up another question.

Should I train units which feature highly-rated scores, but whose coaches are below average? Or should I train units with low scores, but whose coaches are highly-rated?
Old 06-05-2009, 12:14 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

mjwr i noticed a huge diffrence when i boosted the abilities of my olbs. Almost all of my other defensive positions were 85 and above except for one DT (although in another philosphy he is a 90 so thats misleading) and my FS was an 83. My LOLB and ROLB play left much to be desired so i knew that i needed to "boost their abilities". I won the SB my first year with the strategy i said before (although my defensive almost lost it a couple of times) In a cover 2 i need my OLbs to be good.

On another note if someone is using a cover 2 and their OLBs stink then have your cbs play man coverage except on first downs since you want to be ready for the outside run. I would then send at least one OLB to rush the QB on the weak side and have my MLB and my other OLB play mid hook coverage. Also put your SS and FS on the line of scrimmage but have them set so that they play coverage deep. When the play starts the SS and FS will run down the field along with the slot wr. I think this tricks the QB into thinking they are playing man coverage. If the two outside recievers somehow make it past my 2 speedy cbs my FS and SS are down deep to block a pass. If the computer throws it in the middle then my MLB usually deflects it. In the sb my cb caught two interceptions when urlacher deflected the ball and ran one for a td and one to the 10 yard line. Sorry for the long post.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »