Home

help please--some questions

This is a discussion on help please--some questions within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2009, 09:49 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
help please--some questions

hi this looks like a great game. however, i have 5 questions which i hope some kind soul(s) will be able to answer for me regarding "create a play" feature:

1) how many created plays can you import into madden 09?

2) will head coach 09 plays import into madden 10 as well?

3) on a running play can you fake to one back (or more) back and then give to another (like in the old school buck series quick fake to fb, give to hb)?

4) how much control do you have over players blocking assignments (ex: can an offensive linemen pull to block on a play?)?

5) is it possible to have option run well at all (from what i can gather from other posts)-it seems qb always keeps inside head coach--does this hold true when you move that option play to madden as well?

thanks in advance for your time/expertise,
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2009, 09:58 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: help please--some questions

Anyone? Anyone?!....Beuhler?

Even if you can only answer one of the above questions it would be much appreciated.

Again, thanks for your time
Old 06-11-2009, 01:12 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 7

I'll give a shot.

1) No idea.

2) No idea, probably not.

3) If you find an existing play which has that wanted handoff from the list of plays. Then you can edit it and save to your playbook. My playbook has plays where QB does fakepitch to HB but hands ball to FB.

4) I haven't found anything specific (run block/pass block)

5) Again, no idea.

Good questions, I also would like to hear from somebody wiser. Anyone?

Last edited by b3organ; 06-11-2009 at 04:00 AM.
Old 06-11-2009, 03:43 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 26

1 and 2) no idea but this time I would assume that M10 will not be compatiable with HC.

3) There may be a RB dive with a RB fake. There may also be a FB fake HB toss. I think that is what you were asking for.

4) In the edit mode you can make the LT/RT pull to the left/right depending on side either a short pull or a long pull. The LG/RG can pull either to the tackle closest to them or pull to the other side of the line short or long like the tackles. The center(I think)/TEs/WRs can not pull.

5) Put a RB at QB then run the option? Honestly, I have not tried to use the option because I find that IRL it is to risky and to me is not worth it even in a game. If you find a way please post on the boards and let us know.
Old 06-11-2009, 12:09 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 18

Re 5: I've used two option plays in my playbook, the QB has never pitched back (Although on a triple option, I have seen the FB get it)

It is possible, I've had the Raiders run a successful option play against me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2009, 04:07 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

I use Josh Johnson in my option packages using the College Attack playbook, and he quite often pitches the ball, however, one in 10 plays or so he will try and pitch it and just fumble because either the back or wr doesn't catch the pitch, or there will be a defender in the way. Its really fun though. Leading the league in rushing as the falcons in week 12. Josh Johnson and Norwood both average 100+ yards a game

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »