Home

Brandon Albert

This is a discussion on Brandon Albert within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-21-2009, 07:58 PM   #17
Rookie

Papa Pearce's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Brandon Albert

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarr
Really, I have had a ton of success with omon. I am playing with the colts now so I have a very good line and also signed jordan gross so really a great line. He, like many young backs, kinda needs to be jumpstarted by being put in situations where he is likely to get big success with little effort such as plays 1 or 2 yards from the endzone. His rookie year I had 29 touchdowns with him and next year he will be near feature back quality.
I've been doing the same thing with him too, except with the Titans. Except I tend to quick sub him in every now and then on first or second down as well. I mostly do that after I have worn the opposing defense down on a long drive so that there's a higher chance he'll gain a decent amount of yards instead of doing something stupid.
Old 12-21-2009, 10:45 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 20

Yeah, about 4 or 5 games in I started letting him run some on early downs and by the end of the season he was getting around 20 touches per game. I started the first 3 or 4 games running him in goalline formations and then after that every 3 or 4 games would toss in one of the single back formations to let him run out of. Through the playoffs he was great for me and he was a huge part of our superbowl run.

The other low rated player who I have had a ton of success with in this franchise so far is carl stewart. I moved him to TE and am using him as my second TE as well as as my fullback and he does a very good job especially as a blocker but also using his 90 speed as a playmaker. In this next draft I picked up
Spoiler
and now I don't even know how I am going to use him, carl, and clark all at TE this year but that is a whole other problem.
Old 12-23-2009, 08:01 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarr
. In this next draft I picked up
Spoiler
and now I don't even know how I am going to use him, carl, and clark all at TE this year but that is a whole other problem.
That TE is awesome. So versatile

Just call me Sanchez
Old 12-27-2009, 02:35 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanchez_Mareno
That TE is awesome. So versatile
Haven't tried him yet. was away visiting family for the holidays but now that I am back I am excited to give it a try. I had seen him in a previous time I used this path but I only went a couple years deep in that one and was unable to draft him. This time I traded up to make sure to get him and looking at what I see I should not be disappointed.

For this first year and maybe even next year with clark doing his thing I will keep clark as my number 1 TE and because of stewarts ability in the running game as a blocker I will leave him as my number 2 but this new guy will get looks as clarks backup, in goalline sets, and as a slot reciever.

With peyton at QB I am definitely looking to spread the ball around quite a bit to several targets which I did well last year, had 2 guys over 1000 yards, 6 over 5 TDs, and 6 over 40 receptions and I am looking to do even more in that area this year with the addition of this TE and a decent rookie WR, and omon and stewart learning the playbook and becoming better in the passing game. All that and omon went for 1300 yards and 26 TDs on the ground to give us good balance so we should be an offensive powerhouse for several years if I can keep adding pieces here and there and weapons like this that with some creative uses can really contribute.
Old 05-14-2010, 06:10 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs844224
Most of the RBs and Qbs have a few flaws in them in the 2008 draft. You usually miss out on McFadden, Mendenhall has a low carry rating and tends to fumble the ball, and Felix Jones has low trucking. I really think Ray Rice is the way to go at HB in that draft if you miss out on McFadden. The 2008 draft is really weak at guard, and I don't want to overpay in FA for a guard. The only real problem with drafting Albert is that there may be better guards upcoming in future drafts. As for QB, Woodson is a good temporary pick until you can get better.
WHOA don't undersestimate Woodson. In my Bears franchise hes thrown about 50 tds every year (I play my games) and he has led me to three super bowls in a row.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »