Home

% spent on positions

This is a discussion on % spent on positions within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2009, 02:16 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 26
Re: % spent on positions

Rashean Mathis would fit well. He has amazing man coverage/press and still has 80ish zone so he can stay in on zone plays. He also has great tackle/pursuit skills that help contain outside run plays. The issue is he is 28. I have yet to play a long franchise with him at CB to get an idea of where he declines but most Man cover CBs die once they lose their speed.

I would suggest Asante Samuel for all the same reasons as Mathis but because he is in the 70s for zone coverage he would not fit the way you want to run your team as well as Mathis.

I would also add Nate Clements, Nnamdi Asomugha, Chris Mcalister, and Champ Bailey are the other elites to use. Project players(also guys with weaker press) could look at Dunta Robinson, Marcus Trufant, Nathan Vasher, Mike Jenkins, Darrelle Revis, Aaron Ross, Antone Cromartie, Fred Bennit, and Leodis Mckelvin to list a few.

Players you could move into CB from S are Michael Huff and Ed Reed. The ideal SS would be someone with 70+ coverage skills with great rush moves, tackle, hit power, and some speed. Perfect example, Bob Sanders/Troy Polamalu. A guy who might surprise you is John Lynch. I used him for two years before he got to slow and he would lay the wood and cover fairly well...I just hated the fact that he would get burned a couple of times a game if not several times...

At FS, Ed Reed, LaRon Landry, and Michael Griffin would be your top starters. I would also think about working up Reggie Nelson.

The Dline perfect fit is Julius Peppers and Mario Williams at DEs. They are both almost 300 pounds with exceptional speed and great strength to go along with their pass rushing abilities. For the Nose tackle I would grab any of the top DTs Albert Hayesworth, John Henderson, ect ect. you could theoretically get away with putting a smaller players at the Dline because weight does not mean much in HC but I try and get it somewhat realistic.
Old 07-04-2009, 04:38 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 26
Re: % spent on positions

How has your team come along?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »