Home

With the 19th pick in the draft.. the Pats get LT Oshinowo

This is a discussion on With the 19th pick in the draft.. the Pats get LT Oshinowo within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2009, 09:09 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: With the 19th pick in the draft.. the Pats get LT Oshinowo

Jake Long tends to drop a bit IF the Dolphins don't pick him first overall. But, 90% of the time when I play through it, they do pick him.

It's a little weird, but the less you scout a player, the better his chances seem to be of falling. At least that's how it seems to me anyway.
Old 07-02-2009, 09:42 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

DAMN!!!

I just traded up to number 12 to get him.
I thought for sure the Packers were going to take him at number 11, and I really needed him, so I was trying to trade with them, but they wouldn't take a trade.

I even put Zazzali, and some of my other best players on the trade block just to get them to enter into trade talks, but they wouldn't.

They ended up taking the 2nd HB to come off the board instead! So I traded up to number 12 and took Oshinowo.
Old 07-30-2009, 02:34 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 26

I recently saw Jake Long fall to #12. A couple of teams reached for lower-rated players AND none of the teams seemed to want tackles in that Draft. I realized Long was going to be picked, so I traded up from #14. I traded my pick and next year's 2nd round pick to draft Long. Long wasn't a player I had an individual workout with earlier, so that may have been a factor as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2009, 04:40 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 4

The other 31 GM's in the game are secretly Force sensitive Jedi. When you scout a player and discover that he has 90+ potential, they feel a disturbance in the Force and know to draft this player higher. If there is a sleeper you are targeting, its better to scout them as little as possible.
Old 07-31-2009, 06:12 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beastmode
The other 31 GM's in the game are secretly Force sensitive Jedi. When you scout a player and discover that he has 90+ potential, they feel a disturbance in the Force and know to draft this player higher. If there is a sleeper you are targeting, its better to scout them as little as possible.

Yeah i had noticed this. I have actually scouted mediocre players to see if it applied on them, and i'm pretty sure it works on them too. Force indeed .
Old 07-31-2009, 06:34 PM   #14
Rookie

StankyCheeZ267's Arena

OVR: 3

I noticed this also so i do an individual workout to see what the potential is and then reload the save game so i know the potenial ratiang but the cpu doesnt.
Old 07-31-2009, 07:10 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beastmode
I've found that you can still unlock the potential and scout up to 87% if you send your scout to the pro day of the prospect that you have your eyes on, but don't bring him in for individual workout because you will scout him completely. This way, your prospect still can get through the draft unnoticed.

Ironically, this is how it is in the pros. if you bring in a prospect, all the other GMs know you have your eyes on that player so more attention will go his way.

I got two 90+ potential players in the 5th round this way (TE and QB0 and a few other mid 80 potential players around the same area too.

Last edited by jdub2k4; 07-31-2009 at 07:13 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2009, 11:31 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntoatmeal
I'm floored. He's always gone in the first five picks. I got
Oshinowo at #19! (For those who don't know, he's the 98 OVR LT at 7' 370#)

Anyone else ever seen a can not miss Future 50 prospect go so low?

I guess O-Line was a non-need for all the teams in this draft. I could have had my pick of 90+ rated O-line guys (and these aren't sleepers, these are guys rated that high coming out of college) in round 2 or 3 as well. The only other O-Line pick in the first round was guard D. Lilly at #30.

It doesn't matter who you have a o-line. You can have a WR at LT and he'll block just the same as a 98 rated LT. These are the flaws with the game.

Don't waste time drafting a high rated O-lineman. You can pick up an undrafted lineman.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »