Home

Long Rookie Holdouts

This is a discussion on Long Rookie Holdouts within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-03-2009, 09:09 AM   #9
MVP

BrnwsBucksFanNC's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Long Rookie Holdouts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanchez_Mareno
What happens to that player?
To be honest I dont remember. He was a no-name player that I drafted in the later rounds. I just kept ignoring him and I dont even remember him coming up during FA to try and sign with anyone.
Old 07-03-2009, 02:48 PM   #10
Rookie

coachchris's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanchez_Mareno
What happens to that player?
I have simmed through the first season before and didn't realize I had not signed a rookie because I was just looking to move ahead to the 2nd year. I think if you do not cut the player the option to sign him will keep coming up thoughout the season. If the player goes unsigned he will be available in the free agent pool the following year. I did notice the player who I think was Matt Ryan took a big hit in potential sitting out the whole year. I think Ryan is usually 88-90 depending on philosophy and when I picked him back up realizing the mistake he had a potential of 82-83.
Old 07-03-2009, 09:57 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 4

Try saving and reseting before you open the contract negotiation. SOMETIMES they will sign. On some guys there are predeterminted but most of the players contracts are random if they accept. This normally only works on rookie contracts and not resigning players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2009, 09:24 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachchris
I have simmed through the first season before and didn't realize I had not signed a rookie because I was just looking to move ahead to the 2nd year. I think if you do not cut the player the option to sign him will keep coming up thoughout the season. If the player goes unsigned he will be available in the free agent pool the following year. I did notice the player who I think was Matt Ryan took a big hit in potential sitting out the whole year. I think Ryan is usually 88-90 depending on philosophy and when I picked him back up realizing the mistake he had a potential of 82-83.

That is correct.
Old 07-05-2009, 11:02 PM   #13
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

What do u mean by offer 1? u mean like how it goes to the bottom at first automatically cuz that's what the player wants... I should go all the way up to the very top and offer that one? Then when he doesn't sign, just keep offering him that one again and again?

Then he should eventually sign but lose time in the preseason? Offer 1 is the very top offer right?
Old 07-06-2009, 02:32 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity120
What do u mean by offer 1? u mean like how it goes to the bottom at first automatically cuz that's what the player wants... I should go all the way up to the very top and offer that one? Then when he doesn't sign, just keep offering him that one again and again?

Then he should eventually sign but lose time in the preseason? Offer 1 is the very top offer right?
Yes, it is also the lowest offer you can give him. It has the no bonuses and the least amount of money. I seriously wish they made it so you did not have to scroll back up to the top each time...The smallest thing that irks me in the game lol
Old 07-07-2009, 09:24 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 20

if you scouted the player and know he is a keeper then raising his bonus won't hurt you. I wouldn't give him incentives or more pay though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2009, 11:51 AM   #16
Rookie

jweaks's Arena

OVR: 3

You usually have lots of options. You don't have to stick with the #1 offer to save money.

Unless we're talking about an elite player keep your bonuses low, zero if possible and be flexible on the pay and incentives. In many cases you can offer a lot of incentives knowing they won't get them anyway.

Guys that you are not sure if they are going to make the squad next year sign them anyway but keep the bonus low and you can always cut them later with little penalty.

jw

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »