Home

Old 07-10-2009, 06:16 PM   #9
Pro

moblipeg's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Sweetney

To update I got him as the 6th pick. He's working out well. I'm playing the preseason and he's averaging about 5.5 yds/carry. Good hands as well. Definitely a LT clone. Now my defense, wow they suck. Maybe I should have went defense in round 2 instead of OL but...ugh, thats for another day.
Old 07-10-2009, 06:49 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 26

Bit of a steal at 6 imo

Just call me Sanchez
Old 07-11-2009, 11:41 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 20

I am playing this path now for the first time using san franciscon. I was drafting 11th after going 6-10 simming the first season and really didn't see anything to worth while there. Hopefully I can find something next year cause this class didn't help me much but I did pick up a couple decent wideouts and a decent late round qb and rb and a decent te. Tried a couple linemen without any luck as well as a couple lbs. Luckily my team already had good talent from the previous draft and I have the motivator skill to help them out. Going into my first game though gore is out. Its just for this one game though luckily.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2009, 11:45 PM   #12
All Star

rdnk's Arena

OVR: 22

Well, LT went 5th when he was drafted.

As for defense, the only 1st rounder I spent was on Martin McPeek, who I traded up for and took 20th.

The rest of my defense was mid-rounders, Ernie Sims, Leigh Bodden and two big FAs- Lance Briggs and Nnamdi Asomugha.
Old 07-12-2009, 12:04 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 3

People give Sweetney's draft path a bad rap. The truth is there is a ton of good talent at the bottom. I had three six round picks and three seven rounds pick and i drafted guys above 84 pot. There are three very good recievers towards the bottom of the draft class. There are also some really really good cover 2 olbs. I don't have my old draft class but personally if it was me and i had as many holes as the dolphins i would trade down get the sleepers (yes they exisit even in sweetney's i should know i won the superbowl with them) Then once you get rid of the veterans you should have plenty of cash handy so you can trade for some good veterans on other teams. There were other sleepers i didn't mention (i had 10 late round picks i only mentioned six) but the other ones are backups and have not reached there pot yet b/c as the bears i have some really good vetrans.
Old 07-12-2009, 12:07 AM   #14
All Star

rdnk's Arena

OVR: 22

Well, people give it a bad rap because there are like 3 high end players, and there are no great sleepers. Sure, there are decent players throughout the draft, Erik Martin (name may change) has been excellent.

It's also tougher when your GM has an OVA of 15...
Old 07-12-2009, 12:10 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 20

I agree there is a lot of 84+ talent towards the end. There is just less superpower talent late than other opening classes. This one probably has one of the more realistic spreads so far and I am not complaining about the fact that I didn't just pick up tons of talent, just mentioning the fact and that I need to really hit something next year (mostly a qb as alex smith who had 91 pot after last year started this one for me with 87 pot and my sleeper qb was only 87 pot as well)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2009, 12:17 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 3

The 2nd draft in the sweetney path is very balanced. I have scouted a lot of good 84 plus talent late in it and there are a few 89s. What i like about this draft is that there are 83 plus players late in the draft in almost every position so no matter where your weak you can find someone. The only exception to this that i can think of is ss fs and qb in the first draft (but agian it all depends on your philosphy) but these holes are solved in the 2nd draft of this path. I don't want to give any spoiler (sorry if i went to far already, also if you don't want spoilers don't read below, but there is a very good qb very late in the draft in the sweetney path.)

On another note i just remembered that there is a good 84 workhorse rb in the 6th or 7th round in the first sweetney draft and there is a 86 pot te. If i remember anymore i'll be sure to post.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »