Home

Old 07-12-2009, 12:25 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: Sweetney

I think the TE is the guy compared to winslow. I picked him up and he looks alright, actually my best overall te but I have him playing 3rd behind vernon davis and a guy with 91 pot.

WRs are pretty solid there but there aren't the huge sleeper picks like in the other ones. I think I drafted 3 or 4 though this year and they are all between 84 and 87 overall. One is 6'5" as well so could be a decent target.

However, guys like tart III who is compared to TO and is hyped by adam like he is going to be something is only an 87 pot. There is that top guy who is a beast and if he would have fallen to 8th or 9th I would have traded up but he didn't.

As for qbs, there are a couple decent ones compared to brees, just nothing special which is a nice change of pace.

OLine looked pretty weak but there are decent ones.

Didn't look at dline or dbs as I am set there.
Old 07-12-2009, 12:28 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 3

Im not gonna say what college it is but there is one wr i picked up in the seventh round which has a 90 pot on balance and a 92 pot on speed. Its a long story but i changed philosphies. This is in the first draft of the draft class.
Old 07-12-2009, 12:33 AM   #19
MVP

OVR: 20

i guess I missed him. Probably spent too much time scouting oline and lbs plus my gm isn't very good. The bad part is I really didn't find any real answers at oline or lb anyway, just enough to hold me over.
Old 07-12-2009, 12:45 AM   #20
All Star

rdnk's Arena

OVR: 22

Yeah, the second year is very balanced, you can get good stuff all around, but not like 95 POT guys in round 7.
I think so far (I'm in year 4, that one looks almost as good) it was the best year of Sweetney.

From now on (IMO), year 2 should be called the Davis/Beachum year (kinda like the Flash Gordon year and stuff).
Old 07-12-2009, 09:59 AM   #21
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by moblipeg
Definitely a LT clone.
I'm guessing that the reference/model for this player is Walter "Sweetness" Payton, not LT.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2009, 02:48 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 4

Ozzie Jones is the man. You can usually grab him late in the first too. If you are looking for a speed back...he is it. I dont want to say the potential but he would be the best back in the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »