Home

Can you change playbooks mid-Career?

This is a discussion on Can you change playbooks mid-Career? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2009, 12:43 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 10
Can you change playbooks mid-Career?

I reall want to change my Defensive playbook from a Cover 2 to 3-4, is there any way to do it without going through and just adding a bunch of 3-4 plays? And if I do have to just add plays will the DC call the 3-4 the majority of the time if I set my philosophies correctly?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2009, 01:06 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: Can you change playbooks mid-Career?

Unfortunately, I believe you're stuck. The only way I'd imagine is to steal/create a lot of new plays.
Old 07-10-2009, 02:28 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

If you go to hire a defensive coordinator with the desired playbook, some of the negotiating tactics will be to add some of their plays. For example, you can gain a percentage point or two in the the negotiations by agreeing to add some of his 3-4/Nickel/Dime/etc. plays. But even then its just integrating some of his playbook into your existing playbook, not a full changeover.
Old 07-10-2009, 04:28 PM   #4
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

What about just deciding to play 3-4 playbook at the start of ur career? Granted you wouldn't have the right players to start out with in year 1, but u can draft them, or trade, or go the FA route. I am wanting to start one with the Chiefs, and was wanting to go to 3-4 from the base 4-3, so was thinking about just doing this. Considering anyway the chiefs aren't gonna do well n year 1 regardless.
Old 07-10-2009, 04:45 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity120
What about just deciding to play 3-4 playbook at the start of ur career? Granted you wouldn't have the right players to start out with in year 1, but u can draft them, or trade, or go the FA route. I am wanting to start one with the Chiefs, and was wanting to go to 3-4 from the base 4-3, so was thinking about just doing this. Considering anyway the chiefs aren't gonna do well n year 1 regardless.
Yeah I know I can do that I was just hoping I could do it mid-career without starting over.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2009, 04:55 PM   #6
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

Oh ok, sorry bro... I'm new to the game as well lol but didn't se a way to change it myself mid-career(which is kinda dumb). Problem with this is that if you l;ose say Peyton Manning to retirement, and start with a rookie or young qb.. you're not gonna want to keep the pass attck offense.

My question is, when u hire a new OC or DC, do their philosophies come with them? Say I hired Dick Labeau from Steelers for example, wil he bring over the 3-4? or some made up guy that has west coast offense playbook as OC, will I change to that? I would think u should, if not its a real set back for me game wise.
Old 07-10-2009, 06:01 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity120
I did well with the chiefs. Actually I won the superbowl in my first year. My Defense was a Rex Ryan 4-6 and all I had to do was sign Marcus Trufant, Nnmandi Asamougha, Antwan Odom. Then draft Glenn Dorsey, Tavares Gooden and Pat Sims and before I knew we were the best d in the NFL.
Old 07-10-2009, 06:31 PM   #8
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDUB0914
I did well with the chiefs. Actually I won the superbowl in my first year. My Defense was a Rex Ryan 4-6 and all I had to do was sign Marcus Trufant, Nnmandi Asamougha, Antwan Odom. Then draft Glenn Dorsey, Tavares Gooden and Pat Sims and before I knew we were the best d in the NFL.

Ya, but I dont wanna win the SB my first year lol, where's the challenge in that?? You had to have serious cap trouble after that first year right? Plz tell me you did. Tell me u had to release a bunch of players to get under the cap, cuz signing all those players just isn't realistic. Even so, they wouldn't all gel together in just 1 year learning a new system and win a SB. But, I supersim my games, so it's prolly more difficult doing it the way I do anyway so it may not matter

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »