Home

My Tampa Bay Buccaneers!

This is a discussion on My Tampa Bay Buccaneers! within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2009, 03:04 PM   #1
Pro

Aurabolt127's Arena

OVR: 6
Icon6 My Tampa Bay Buccaneers!

(ok, I'm really a Raiders fan, but I decided to go through this time with the Bucs, as when I got the game, I played the Hell out of the Raiders)

So, I overhauled the whole roster - the only Bucs I kept were Bidwell the punter, Derrick Brooks (and he's a backup this year), Maurice Stovall, Sabby Piscatelli, Alex Smith, and Tanard Jackson. No one else fit what I wanted to do, cost too much, I hated, or was too good of trade bait so I could get the guys I wanted.) I'm pretty much out of picks for 2009, and a couple of 2010 - but to get the players I know (that really exist as opposed to computer created guys) and want - it's worth it. But I don't need more than one or two picks next year because I like my youngsters and FA will have some more steals I'm sure...

Week 11 is about to start and we are 9-2. We use the Sanders Army run, with a few plays added in the preseaon (just simple adds, I only created a few plays so far this season as it hasn't been necessary) We run the 4-2-5 defense.

My key roster players are as follows:

QB - Kevin Kolb (I loved him in college, but I may have to re-evaluate the position.) I also have Kevin O'Connell and DJ Shockley (for package runs)

RB - undrafted FB Carl Stewart was converted and he starts, with Chris Perry and Anthony Alridge as my backups. I had a few backups over the first couple games, but one gutsy run 24 yard run to beat the Saints in week 2 convinced me to establish Perry as the 2, and Alridge's 98 speed keeps him at the 3. (Carl also has the longest run in the NFL this season - 91 yards)

FB - Leonard Weaver does it all, and I converted Michael Bush from RB to FB (went from a 68 to a 77) where he seems to always get 3 yards when I need 1. And can still bust out a 10 yarder.

WR - I traded down a few times, and picked up a lot of 2nd/3rd/4th rounders, where the steals are (IMO). Donnie Avery and Limas Sweed start - with Sinorice Moss, Maurice Stovall, and Jerome Mathis (awesome KR/PR) fill out my 5 wides. Alridge subs in as a 6th if someone gets tired. I had several wideouts in those lower ranks, but finally got a good mix - at least to this point. Sweed needs to step it up though.

TE - It's all about Vernon Davis. His size and 93 speed are vicious. He dropped a few he shouldn't have, but he'll get better. Alex Smith is my 2, and though I drafted Jacob Tamme, he has been hurt on and off, and Maurice Stovall has filled in when needed.

My line is pretty solid, not great, but solid. No real additions of note, though I drafted Richardson to back up Trueblood (who I traded but then got back in the preseason). Trueblood's had a 4 game hurt stretch, and Richardson did very well. I did make sure to sign Faine from FA to run my center. I focus on run blocking.

Defensive Line - going with the 4-2-5, I needed a strong line, but I can't fix it all in one year - I love my ends - Tyler Brayton and Igor Olshansky, with converted LB Calvin Pace and Jeremy Mincey as backups. My DTs are Trevor Laws and Tank Johnson, the latter is rated in the mid 70s, so I need to get him better or replace him.

Linebackers - Speed speed speed - Antwan Barnes and Justin Durant (both 70s rated backups on other teams) have the speed and team up with Manny Lawson. Derrick Brooks and Buster Davis (64 rated MLB but he has like a 93 hit power, so I like him on kick coverage) help back it all up.

DBs - I traded Ronde Barber and used the picks gained to help trade for Asomugha (who was franchised) and broke the bank to get Asante Samuel (who's missed 2 games though...) Joey Thomas is my 3 (and makes a good FS when needed) and rookie Brandon Meriweather is my 4. I kept Tanard Jackson, but he's missed a few games too. Rookie Domonique Barber filled in nicely, with 3 picks! My SS is Bernard Pollard backed up by Piscatelli, but I need to improve on Piscatelli unless his scores get better, the 4-2-5 relies on 2 SS, and when one is still a 75 after 9 games...

Kicker - I took Serna undrafted, and he was a great find - but for some reason he makes the 55 yarders, but missed the clutch 35 yarders. I cut him week 7 and picked up Prater. He hasn't missed yet.

Punter - for a little while, I needed the active spot and made him inactive and let Serna punt - but he never was consistent, and now that Serna is gone - well - my punter is much happier.

Return Game - Mathis and Moss each have a TD (mathis on a PR, Moss on a KR) and Alridge averages like 29.6 on KR too, so I am very happy there. Best part - no fumbles on my return team yet (knock on wood).

My wins were great and all, but my 2 losses have me thinking. I lost to the Bears 24-10 - thanks to a pick-6 by Kolb that put them up 7-0, and when I made it 7-3, Hester returned the kickoff for 6. Kolb threw 4 picks that day. It was frustrating. The other loss was to the Cowboys, we were down 17-3, made it to 21-17 - then self-destructed with another pick 6 by Kolb, a fumble return..then another pick 6 by Shockley (I forgot he was in that package running the option and didn't take him out.) We lost 45-21.

So - next up is the Lions (who in real life the bucs stomped 38-20) so here's hoping. I really think we should put up huge rushing totals (like we just did against the Vikes) so my QBs won't have to do much of anything. (since they can't seem to, even though Kolb is an 81 now)

More to follow...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2009, 11:51 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 26
Re: My Tampa Bay Buccaneers!

Maybe you should check out the dynasty forum....

Just call me Sanchez
Old 07-18-2009, 10:43 AM   #3
Pro

Aurabolt127's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: My Tampa Bay Buccaneers!

Thanks

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »