Home

Old 08-20-2009, 04:17 AM   #1
Pro

edward_1385's Arena

OVR: 12
McFadden???

I am doing a new ravens dynasty and love to run the ball, but the problem is I can't keep Mcgahee healthy for a full season he averages 30 carries a game and was wondering if mcfadden paired with mcgahee would be a good combo...
I was planning to let mcgahee carry about 20 times and let mcfadden carry about 10-15 times...
I always try to trade up to the jets sixth pick and then trade down with dallas to land phillps and jenkins(only when atlanta passes on him)...
I know people say he has injury problems but carrying only 10-15 times shouldn't hurt him because when the falcons have him he tends to last a whole season and when ever i play them he has been the only one to shred my defense for over 100 yards by himself (24 carries 301 yards 3 tds one time)

P.s. sorry for the long post...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2009, 06:57 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 26
Re: McFadden???

Personally i wouldnt want to invest that much money into someone for that few touches.
Id much rather take those 2 DBs and target Ray Rice later on or perhaps as another option take Rashard Mendenhall at 16-24 range

Just call me Sanchez
Old 08-20-2009, 01:36 PM   #3
Pro

edward_1385's Arena

doesn't mendenhall have funble problems and i always use ray rice he has been good, but i want a game changer on offense, is mcfadden a game changer or am i just having rotten luck against him... my oline is solid so i quite drafting albert (LT-ogden LG-grubbs C-chester RG-yanda RT-gaither)

P.s. McGahee, heap, and mason have problems staying healthy for me...
Old 08-20-2009, 06:04 PM   #4
Rookie

ST2SC's Arena

OVR: 4

Well what is your HB Philosophy? I mean McFadden is the best one for any philosophy but if your want some one later in the draft i would get Ray Rice and Xavier Omen if your philosophy is Workhorse or Power. But if its Speed or Moves Philosophy then i would get Felix Jones or Jamaal Charles. McFadden is the best running back for any philosophy....so idk.

But if you want a solid WR i would say get DeSean Jackson (in the early 3 or late 2 round) if your using a balanced, speed, or quick/route runner philosophy. And if your looking for a Tall/Redzone or Strong/Blocking WR Early Doucet (in the mid 3rd to early 4th round).

And if Heap keeps getting hurt then i would get Jermichael Finley (mid 3rd round) who is the best TE in this draft if your not looking for a blocking TE but if you are I would say go after Brad Cottam (late 2nd early 3rd round) who is the best blocking TE in this draft. But if your looking for a great sleeper at TE its Mike Peterson (late 6th to undrafted) who is alot like Finley and is the second best TE in this draft if your not looking for a blocking TE.

Last edited by ST2SC; 08-20-2009 at 06:06 PM. Reason: had to put in which rounds they come in
Old 08-24-2009, 10:04 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by edward_1385
doesn't mendenhall have funble problems and i always use ray rice he has been good, but i want a game changer on offense, is mcfadden a game changer or am i just having rotten luck against him... my oline is solid so i quite drafting albert (LT-ogden LG-grubbs C-chester RG-yanda RT-gaither)

P.s. McGahee, heap, and mason have problems staying healthy for me...
Mendenhall has a carry rating of 48(maxed out), and my first game with him I had 4 fumbles. If you do get him, work on getting the RB special skills that relate to carrying the ball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2009, 02:12 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
I am doing a new ravens dynasty and love to run the ball, but the problem is I can't keep Mcgahee healthy for a full season he averages 30 carries a game and was wondering if mcfadden paired with mcgahee would be a good combo...
I was planning to let mcgahee carry about 20 times and let mcfadden carry about 10-15 times...
I always try to trade up to the jets sixth pick and then trade down with dallas to land phillps and jenkins(only when atlanta passes on him)...
I know people say he has injury problems but carrying only 10-15 times shouldn't hurt him because when the falcons have him he tends to last a whole season and when ever i play them he has been the only one to shred my defense for over 100 yards by himself (24 carries 301 yards 3 tds one time)

P.s. sorry for the long post...
Well, I would recommend getting McFadden and trading McGahee for picks. Then use free agency to find a backup for McFadden.
Old 08-27-2009, 09:10 AM   #7
Pro

edward_1385's Arena

I have try to trade Mcgahee once but his cap pentaly is 12.0 million and with baltimore only having 27.0 million to start with is kinda hard to eat up... I have aqquired MJD once and after he learned the playbook I made him the starter and moved Mcgahee to short yardage power back and it seem to work out for his health... But my only problem is that every time I try to get MJD it always cost my 8th overall pick and my 2009 1st round pick, and to get the jets 6th pick only cost me my 8th pick and either a 3rd or 4th pick in 09 draft...
Old 08-27-2009, 02:20 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
I have try to trade Mcgahee once but his cap pentaly is 12.0 million and with baltimore only having 27.0 million to start with is kinda hard to eat up... I have aqquired MJD once and after he learned the playbook I made him the starter and moved Mcgahee to short yardage power back and it seem to work out for his health... But my only problem is that every time I try to get MJD it always cost my 8th overall pick and my 2009 1st round pick, and to get the jets 6th pick only cost me my 8th pick and either a 3rd or 4th pick in 09 draft...
You could try and get Adrian Peterson. When healthy, he is very good, but gets hurt a lot, so you will need someone to take some carries away from him...McGahee would be great for that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »