Home

Regular season scouting

This is a discussion on Regular season scouting within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2009, 12:38 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 26
Regular season scouting

I've got some questions on in-season scouting. Your GM will scout 20% for each rating level up to level 5: 1-20%, 2 -40%, 3-60 %, 4-80%, 5- 100%. So a GM with a Level 1 rating at QB will take 5 weeks to fully scout Qb's(at say, small schools). If you scout middle schools and big schools, you could be scouting the Qb position the whole year!

Fortunately, I currently have both the small-school and middle-school Insider skill, so I start at 100% for both types of schools. My questions are 2-fold:

1. Do I concentrate on scouting all 16 positions, or work on unlocking the player comparisons for the most important positions?

2. Do I work on improving my lowest-rated rookie scouting positions, or save up for big-school insider?

3. I've read the game freezes when you buy Big School insider? Did the patch fix that, or is it still a problem?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2009, 01:02 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: Regular season scouting

Well mine never freezes when I buy it ... and I'd say pick the position(s) you most will need and focus on those ... no need to scout all of them if you only need to fill 2 spots
Old 09-05-2009, 05:31 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlinton
Well mine never freezes when I buy it ...

Mine either. Never heard of that glitch before

Just call me Sanchez
Old 09-05-2009, 02:22 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Installing the game to the hard drive prevents most of the game freezes. As far as the in-season scouting goes, I agree that focusing on your teem needs is the best way to go. And buying the GM special skills will make the draft a lot easier.
Old 09-05-2009, 04:48 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 20

I have never had a freezing problem with big school insider but then again I never got it until after I had the patch which was supposed to fix most freezing.

As for the best way to go, if you are looking for the most effective way to scout go with big school insider but I don't get the insider abilities anymore as it is almost like cheating for me. I don't scout during the season either though. If you take the big school insider it not only unlocks that stuff but leads to other very powerful things such as the potential intuition thing which allows potential to be unlocked at pro days making your gm like a god of gms so it is the more effective way to go.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »